Metatarsalgia, which causes pain in the ball of your foot, can be quite debilitating and make running and walking painful and difficult.
Getting the right treatment for this condition will to heal the condition and prevent pain. Along with treatment, the right footwear is important to protect the balls of your feet against overuse injuries and pressure as well as to prevent pain and inflammation in this sensitive area.
Table of Contents
- Symptoms and Causes of Metatarsalgia
- Metatarsalgia Treatments and Remedies
- Features of a Good Shoe for Metatarsalgia
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Metatarsalgia
- 1 Metatarsalgia Running Shoes
- 2 Walking Shoe For Metatarsalgia
- 3 Metatarsalgia Flat Sandal
- 4 Metatarsalgia Slip on Work Shoe
- 5 Walking and Running Shoe for Metatarsalgia
- 6 Comfortable Metatarsalgia Shoes
- 7 Metatarsalgia Orthopedic Dress Sandals
- 8 Lightweight Metatarsalgia Walking Sneaker
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Metatarsalgia
Symptoms and Causes of Metatarsalgia
Metatarsalguia is basically a very common overuse injury that occurs when you take part in high impact activities that places strain on the balls of your feet. Metatrsalgia can likewise be the symptom of another condition affecting your feet of which the causes may vary.
All in all the term Metatarsalgia explains PAIN and INFLAMMATION in the balls of your feet or foot.
Some Symptoms may Include;
- Pain in one or more of your Metatrsalsal Bones.
- Pain in the Ball of your foot or both feet.
- Aggravated pain when running or walking.
- Slow increasing pain over several months.
- Swelling and inflammation in the nerves.
Some of the causes may include;
- Injuries – whether it is a sudden single injury or overuse injury from high impact sports and activities, both can contribute to the onset of Metatarsalgia.
Biomechanics – An alteration in the Biomechanics of the foot which causes abnormal weight distribution can lead to Metatarsalgia.
Persistant Stress – Another cause is persistent stress and strain on the balls of your feet can cause chronic irritation. This can be because of high activity levels, prominent Metatarsal heads, hammertoes, and other Bone deformities, a tight Achilles tendon, and weak flexor muscles.
Pronation – Excessive pronation is likewise a very probable culoprit.
Footwear – Unsupportive and ill-fitting footwear can lead to or aggravate Metatarsalgia by causing unnecessary pressure to the feet or lacking in much-required support.
Metatarsalgia Treatments and Remedies
There are a few treatments offered for metatarsalgia, for the most part, you will need to avoid strenuous and high impact activities until the pain subsides. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication can help alleviate the pain.
Exercise and physical therapy likewise can help to strengthen the muscles and restore the normal biomechanics of the foot.
Lastly, supportive footwear or an orthotic device can relieve pressure on the balls of the feet to prevent the condition from developing. Or reduce pain.
Features of a Good Shoe for Metatarsalgia
- Toe Box – A wide and roomy toe box is ideal with ample room to spread your toes in
- Cushioning – Cushioning such as EVA, Memory Foam or Gel under your feet or the balls of your feet prevent pressure and absorb impact.
- Shock Absorption Good shock absorbing particularly in the ball of the foot area.
- Arch Support -The right support for your specific arch type.
- Stability – Good stability and motion control features.
- Uppers – Breathable and flexible upper construction usually from mesh and synthetic overlays for a secure and comfortable fit, as well as ample ventilation.
- Lining – A soft and moisture wicking interior lining that will not chafe or irritate your feet.
- Outsole – Look for a durable and supportive rubber outsole that will absorb shock and provide you with firm grip and traction.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Metatarsalgia
Here are some excellent shoe brands and models that can relieve the pain and symptoms associated with Metatarsalgia
The Saucony Zealot is a running shoe with ample toe room and plush cushioning which is exactly what you need for Metatarsalgia.
- Soft and supple mesh and synthetic uppers that are highly breathable and lightweight.
- Wider toe With ample room for movement.
- A 3mm Everun Top sole that offers cushioned comfort and high energy return.
- The Tri-Flex outsole is flexible and offers excellent stability and proception as well.
The Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 is one of your best options in walking shoes for metatarsalgia.
- Offer exceptional neutral arch support for the average arch type.
- A breathable engineered mesh upper that is highly flexible allowing a more comfortable fit, with the dry protection of a waterproof membrane.
- Lightweight construction with supportive synthetic overlays.
- Cushioned for comfort with energy-returning technology.
- A Blend of earth-friendly BioMoGo and responsive Brooks DNA.
- There is a removable foam insole, allowing you the use of your own orthotics.
- A soft fabric lining prevents chafing and irritation.
The Dansko Shari is a stunning women’s sandal that offers excellent shock absorbency and stability features to protect your metatarsal pads. The Dansk Karl is an open back Clog for men.
- Soft and supple leather uppers straps with a buckle for an adjustable fit in width.
- A Di-Lex sock liner keeps your feet sweat and odor-free.
- Coring holes and a cored-out fore part to reduce pressure on the balls of your feet.
- The heel is slightly beveled to provide better stability on impact.
- A long-wearing and durable PU outsole.
- The foam in the midsole ensures all-day cushioned comfort and excellent shock absorption.
- The Dansko Carl has a clog style leather uppers and open back.
The Allegria Debra is fun and colorfully patterned shoe that can be used as a work shoe or even a dress shoe, with features to accommodate painful metatarsalgia.
- Leather uppers available in a large variety of colors and patterns to choose from.
- The uppers are likewise extremely durable, stain-resistant, and very easy to clean.
- The toe box is extra roomy to support your toes and forefoot with ample space.
- Inside there is a smooth and breathable lining that prevents irritation, caring and moisture from building up.
- The footbed is made from supportive Cork and Latex, with memory foam, for all-day comfort.
- A slip-resistant slightly rocker style outsole that ensures better movement and more natural walking motion.
5 Walking and Running Shoe for Metatarsalgia
The Asics Gel Cumulus 20 is one of the best walking or running shoes that you can invest in if you suffer from either heel pain or pain in the balls of your feet from metatarsalgia.
- An Impact Guidance system ensures a more efficient gait function for more natural movement and less impact on your feet.
- The Gel padding in the heel and forefoot are offered exceptional cushioned comfort and shock absorbency.
- Comfortable and lightweight construction with a durable rubber outsole.
- Mesh and synthetic uppers that are flexible and highly breathable.
- Inside there are no seams or tags that can cause chafing or irritation.
- Likewise available in wider widths options for more toe room.
These are highly comfortable and soft shoes from Dr. Comfort that will offer you the most flexible and adjustable fit for metatarsalgia.
- Soft and stretchable lycra uppers available in wider width options.
- An adjustable Velcro strap for the perfect fit.
- Supportive and cushioned Gel insole, that is removable so that you can use your won orthotics.
- A durable and shock-absorbing rubber outsole.
- Available in a black or white solid color option.
Something a bit more dressy for those summer nights out, still providing efficient orthopedic comfort and relief, from Clarks.
- Available in a black red or white color option.
- The soft and flexible leather uppers have a smooth synthetic lining for comfort and decorative stitching detail.
- A comfortable and supportive Ortholite footbed.
- The thick rubber outsole is durable and shock absorbing.
- EVA cushioned midsole.
A sleek and lightweight slip-on sneaker from Skechers which is ideal if you suffer from Metatarsalgia or other foot conditions.
- Soft and flexible highly breathable uppers in a slip-on closed-back design.
- Many color variations to choose from.
- Responsive 5generation cushioning.
- A Goga Max high rebound insole for shock absorbency.
- Inside is a padded collar and a soft interior lining.
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Metatarsalgia
|1||Saucony - Metatarsalgia Running Shoes||
|2||Brooks - Walking Shoe For Metatarsalgia||
|3||Dansko - Metatarsalgia Flat Sandal||
|4||Allegria - Metatarsalgia Slip on Work Shoe||
|5||Asics - Walking and Running Shoe for Metatarsalgia||
|6||Dr. Comfort - Comfortable Metatarsalgia Shoes||
|7||Clarks - Metatarsalgia Orthopedic Dress Sandals||
|8||Skechers - Lightweight Metatarsalgia Walking Sneaker||