Two of the major causes of running and walking injuries are overpronation, and under pronation, although they are not the direct causes they do contribute towards injury and foot conditions.
Your feet provide the base for propulsion, landing, and shock absorption when you run or walk thus any issues with your feet can affect the rest of your joints and muscles used when you run or walk, as well as the overall biomechanics.
- Nike Lunarglide 9 Mens Running Trainers 904715 Sneakers Shoes (UK 7 US 8 EU 41, Black White Dark Grey 001)
- NIKE Women's Lunarglide 8 Running Shoe (5 B(M) US, Medium Blue/Black Aluminum)
- ASICS Men's GT-2000 6 Running Shoes, 6.5M, Imperial/Indigo Blue/Shocking
- ASICS Women's GT-2000 6 Running Shoes, 5, Bright Rose/Black/White
Table of Contents
- What exactly is Overpronation
- How to Prevent Overpronation Injuries
- Choosing a Shoe for Overpronation
- Features of a Shoe for Overpronation
- Reviews: Best Rated Walking and Running Shoes for Over Pronation
- 1 Running Shoe for Overpronators
- 2 Overpronation Running Shoe with Gel Cushioning
- 3 Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
- 4 Comfortable Running Shoe for Overpronation
- 5 High Traction Running Shoe for Overpronation
- 6 Walking Shoes for Overpronation
- 7 Overpronation Walking Shoe
- 8 Overpronation Walking shoe with Crash Pads
- 9 Overpronators Trail Walking and Hiking Shoe
- 10 Gel Running Shoe for Overpronation
- 11 Stability Overpronation Walking Shoe
- 12 Impact Guidance Overpronation Running Shoe
- The Advantages of a Good Shoe for Overpronation
- Index Table: Top Walking and Running Shoes for Overpronation
What exactly is Overpronation
Do you have Overpronation?
Pronation refers to the way your foot rolls inward to distribute the force of impact when your feet hit the ground as you run.
Your foot rolls to the inside at about 15% and comes into contact with the ground completely supporting the weight of your entire body.
Pronation is what helps you to push off evenly from the front of your foot and ensures the proper shock absorption.
Pronation is a natural movement of the foot, but according to the shape and size of the arch of a person’s foot, you may over pronate or under pronate which can cause foot conditions or injuries.
When you have an average or neutral arch, you pronate normally, with a flat or low arch you tend to overpronate, and with a high arch you under pronate or supinate. you can also look at running shoes for flat feet, for overpronation.
<strong<Overpronation occurs when the heel makes initial contact with the ground during pronation, and the foot rolls inward more than 15%. This, in turn, means that your ankles cannot stabilize your body properly and that there is insufficient shock absorption.
At the end of your gait cycle, your forefoot pushes off the ground and your big and second toe are sued mainly to do all the work.
How to Prevent Overpronation Injuries
Overpronation results in your muscles are becoming extra tight and more under stress, too much motion of the foot can also cause calluses, bunions, runners knee, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendinitis.
Little stretching exercises before running or walking as well as appropriate footwear will make a huge difference for an individual who over-pronates.
Shoes that have straight or semi-curved lasts, motion control or stability shoes that limit pronation and provide support are excellent choices for overpronation. The use of over the counter orthotics and arch supports are also good ideas to aid with overpronation.
Choosing a Shoe for Overpronation
An individual who overpronates needs the maximum amount of support structured cushioning and stability.
A shoe that provides some motion control and stability will help to distribute the impact from running more effectively.
A firmer midsole and more arch support, as well as some extra cushioning, will provide the support and comfort needed for overpronation shoes.
You can also have a look at Motion Control Walking and Running Shoes.
Features of a Shoe for Overpronation
- A cushioned and supportive midsole or insole.
- Good arch support.
- A frim structure and sole.
- Good stability.
- Motion control for severe overpronators.
- A durable and shock absorbing outsole usually made from rubber.
Reviews: Best Rated Walking and Running Shoes for Over Pronation
We have researched and reviewed some of the best available running shoes that will help to correct overpronation and prevent injuries when running;
The Nike Lunar Glide is a comfortable and lightweight running shoe manufactured from Flyknit material with Flywire cables for support.
- Flyknit material uppers that are breathable and lightweight constructed with Flywire cables for exceptional support and structure.
- The plush Lunarfoam cushioning provides excellent support and comfort.
- A durable rubber sole that provides lasting grip and shock absorption.
- The Nike Lunar Glide is available in many colors and designs for every preference.
1 Running Shoe for Overpronators
The Asics GT-2000 6 is a core runners most prized possession with its superior balance of cushioning and stability that comes with a supportive fit.
- Comfortable and lightweight uppers that are breathable and flexible for a secure and comfortable fit.
- A Guidance Trusstic system for enhanced gait efficiency to improve overall performance.
- The rearfoot and forefoot gel provides excellent shock absorption and supports reducing stress on the feet and lower limbs.
- A FluidRide midsole offers a smooth and comfortable ride.
- A durable outsole for excellent grip on hard floor surfaces.
- The Asics GT-2000 6 has a few color options available.
2 Overpronation Running Shoe with Gel Cushioning
An excellent choice for overpronation the Brooks Adrenaline GTS is comfortable, supportive and allows for more natural forefoot movement.
- Lightweight and breathable mesh uppers with an adjustable saddle design for more targeted support and a comfortable fit.
- The Element linings are breathable and wick away moisture keeping your feet cool and dry even in the most excruciating heat
- An HPR Plus provides long-lasting durability in all the high wear areas improving performance and longevity.
- The extended Caterpillar crash pad allows you full ground contact and the best heel to toe transitioning.
- The Omega Flex Grooves give you better forefoot movement and improve fluidity.
- The Brooks Adrenaline GTS is available in a large variety of colors for every taste and preference.
3 Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
The Saucony Omni 16 is a comfortable running shoe that provides effective shock absorption and cushioning for Overpronation.
- Comfortable and lightweight synthetic and nylon uppers with all over the breathable mesh and reduced forefoot stitching.ng.
- A dual density EVA foam midsole and Powergrid heel to toe cushioning for enhanced comfort, support, and shock absorption.
- A RunDry moisture wicking interior to keep your feet cool and dry throughout your run.
- The fully decoupled SRC crash pads also provide exceptional shock absorbency and support.
- The Saucony Omni 16 is available in three different colors.
4 Comfortable Running Shoe for Overpronation
The Mizuno Wave Inspire 14 running shoe ensures high traction and excellent support for overpronation.
- A lightweight and good looking running shoe that is comfortable and breathable.
- The AP and EVA midsole provided stability and cushioned support reducing stress and strain on the feet.
- Exceptional cushioning, arch support and stability for overpronation.
- The durable outsole provides the best traction capabilities.
5 High Traction Running Shoe for Overpronation
The Asics Gel Foundation 13 is an ideal shoe for both walking and running, with all the comfort features and corrective features that you will require for overpronation.
- Breathable and flexible mesh and textile uppers.
- This shoe is built specifically for a moderate to severe overpronator.
- A cushioned antimicrobial ComforDry sock-liner and a dual-density DuoMax support midsole for stability.
- Trusstic Guidance system for better gait efficiency and mid-foot structural integrity.
- The DuraSponge outsole delivers excellent cushioning and long lasting durability.
6 Walking Shoes for Overpronation
For the cushioned comfort and the best motion control and arch support, ideally for overpronation, look no further than the Brooks Addiction walking shoe.
- Soft and supple, durable leather uppers with a comfortable textile lining.
- a better fit with the cushioned tongue.
- HydroFlow midsole cushioning technology for better shock absorption and cushioned comfort.
- A full-length MoGo midsole for better energy return and cushioned comfort.
- The Diagonal Rollbar ensures only the best in pronation control.
- A durable and high traction outsole.
- Neutral color options available.
7 Overpronation Walking Shoe
Brooks Ghost 11 is the latest model in their Ghost range with the best features in a walking shoe for overpronation.
- Very lightweight, soft structured and flexible mesh uppers that are cool and breathable.
- BioMoGo DNA and DNA Loft cushioning technology for lightweight soft underfoot cushioning that are energy returning and durable.
- Segmented crash pads and shock absorbing cushioning for the better heel to toe transition.
- A durable high traction rubber outsole.
8 Overpronation Walking shoe with Crash Pads
If you enjoy walks outdoors on different terrain, the Merrel Siren and Moab are an excellent choice, particularly when it comes to stability and cushioning for overpronation.
- An athletically styled hiking shoe with mesh uppers for breathability and 3d print design.
- M-Select FIT with contoured footbed and an organic odor control lining.
- Air cushioning in the heel for shock absorbency and stability, and a nylon arch shank.
- Merrell air cushioning footbed for comfort and EVA for more stability.
- A Vibram traction outsole to keep you well on your feet on all terrain.
9 Overpronators Trail Walking and Hiking Shoe
One of the most comfortable and supportive running shoes that you will find with all the features required to control overpronation.
- Impact Guidance System technology for a better rebound.
- Speva foam and Flyte foam technology.
- A Duo Max support system with reflective technology for better visibility.
- AHAR durable and high abrasion resistant rubber outsole.
10 Gel Running Shoe for Overpronation
The perfect overpronation stability shoe from Propet with a secure fit X Strap system.
- Lightweight and breathable mesh uppers with an X Strap secure fit Velcro strap system.
- Available in a few color varieties.
- Double insoles with a removable footbed for the use of your own orthotics.
- Available in wider width options. for flat feet which are common among overpronators.
11 Stability Overpronation Walking Shoe
A favorite among many individuals who overpronate is the Asics Gel Cumulus 21 which is the latest model in this range.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL Technology for cushioning that attenuates shock and protects your heels and forefoot.
- An Impact Guidance system for better and more natural Gait efficiency.
- AHAR high abrasion durable rubber outsole with a reinforced toe and heel area.
- Vertical flex grooves and a guidance line midsole.
12 Impact Guidance Overpronation Running Shoe
The Advantages of a Good Shoe for Overpronation
Overpronation can turn into a major concern if not treated or managed properly. A person who overpronates stand a bigger chance of having an injury and are susceptible to many other foot conditions. Choosing an appropriate shoe is a runners protection against injuries and support against foot conditions that may develop or occur as a result of overpronation.
As with anyone, the greatest risk is shock and strain to the feet from the impact of running or walking, particularly on hard floor surfaces. Runners with improper shoes most likely deal with plenty of aches, pains, and injuries to their feet, lower limbs, and back.
Shock absorption is the most important feature of any running shoe for any foot type and should always be considered first when choosing a running shoe.
Overpronation mostly occurs in people with flat or fallen arches because of excess weight as well as genetic deformity. Overpronation in itself cannot cause much harm, but it does very well affect the body’s kinetic chain causing pain and injuries. Overpronation is also one of the leading causes of knee pain.
When you wear the best shock absorbing shoes that provide adequate comfort and support for Overpronation, such as a Motion Control or Stability shoe you can avoid injuries and pain caused by over-pronation and flat feet.
Excellent shock absorption in a running or walking shoe reduces the strain on your joints and muscles and therefore eliminates the risk of injury and damage. You can have a look at this video on how to run to prevent excessive shock on the knees and feet.
In conclusion, the right shoe for Overpronation will prevent pain and injuries as well as provide comfort and support while correcting overpronation giving you a more natural stride.
Index Table: Top Walking and Running Shoes for Overpronation
|1||Nike - Running Shoe for Overpronators||
|2||Asics - Overpronation Running Shoe with Gel Cushioning||
|3||Brooks - Best Running Shoes for Overpronation||
|4||Saucony - Comfortable Running Shoe for Overpronation||
|5||Mizuno Wave - High Traction Running Shoe for Overpronation||
|6||Asics - Walking Shoes for Overpronation||
|7||Brooks - Overpronation Walking Shoe||
|8||Brooks - Overpronation Walking shoe with Crash Pads||
|9||Merrell - Overpronators Trail Walking and Hiking Shoe||
|10||Asics - Gel Running Shoe for Overpronation||
|11||Propet - Stability Overpronation Walking Shoe||
|12||Asics - Impact Guidance Overpronation Running Shoe||