Ankle boots. We can’t get enough of them. They’re casual, yet they can also be your outfit’s winning statement. With so many styles to choose from, it’s challenging to select high-quality shoes that won’t irritate your ankle bone or feet.
We’ve discovered the best ankle boots and booties for women that are suitable for many occasions and won’t hurt your feet.
Table of Contents
- Reasons to Own at Least One Pair of Ankle Boots
- Qualities to Look for in The Best Ankle Boots and Booties
- Reviews: Best Ankle Boots and Booties for Women
- Clarks Women's Sillian Tana Fashion Boot, Navy Synthetic Nubuck, 050 M US - Great For Daily Errands
- Dr. Scholl's Shoes Women's Double Ankle Boot, Black, 8 W US - Array
- Soda Women's Round Toe Faux Suede Stacked Heel Western Ankle Bootie (8.5 B(M) US, Smoke Grey) - Vegan-Friendly Ankle Boots
- LifeStride Women's Paloma Ankle Boot, Black, 5.5 M US - Comfortable Walking Shoes
- Lucky Brand Women's Basel, Toffee, 8 M US - Array
- Skechers Women's Taxi-Short Gore and Zipper Bootie Ankle Boot, Chocolate, 5 M US - Lightweight and Practical Ankle Boot
- LifeStride Women's Adriana Ankle Bootie, Black, 5 M US - Classic & Flexiable
- Index Table: Top-Rated Ankle Boots & Booties for Women
Reasons to Own at Least One Pair of Ankle Boots
Ankle boots can be flat or come with a varied heel height. This type of footwear stops around the ankle and provides more coverage than sneakers, but less than thigh-high boots.
Many Style Variations Available
Searching for the best ankle boots and booties online can take you hours because there’s a plethora of styles and designs available. This isn’t a flaw, though it can make your decision a hard one.
First, there’s a wide range of heels that ranges from flat to around four inches high. Then, there’s a range of colors, too. Ankle boots look great in any color – from black to yellow, because they aren’t so large that one patch of color can look overwhelming.
Ideal for Many Seasons
You can wear ankle boots in the summer or winter. Thanks to the various heights, some ankle boots sit taller than others, which allows for air to enter to keep your feet cool in the summer, or a fitted approach to retain heat for the winter.
Appropriate With Almost All Outfits
You can wear ankle boots with almost any outfit – that includes your office attire, or smart dress for a ladies’ night out. As the style options are incredibly versatile, you can purchase relaxed ankle boots or jazz up the design with embellishments and extra heel height.
If you’re heading on vacation and only wish to take one pair of footwear to take you from day to night, the ankle boot is your best friend.
Qualities to Look for in The Best Ankle Boots and Booties
Refine your search for the best ankle boots and booties by knowing what features you’re searching for. We’re here to help you discover the most flattering footwear for your outfits, so you still feel like ‘you’ while ensuring you remain comfortable all day long.
Boots for wide feet
If you have wide feet, we recommend avoiding pointed toes as these can make your feet look wider. Avoid details such as buckles or straps at the widest point on your feet, as these statements will accentuate your width. Instead, opt for ankle boots with a slim heel – preferably not a chunky one – to add a feminine touch and de-focus the eyes to the heel.
Boots for short women
If you’re 5’3” or under, you’re categorized as petite. Choose ankle boots with a heel to lengthen your legs, although keep it low if you’re searching for practical shoes. Choose boots that stop at your ankle or slightly above, but not under, to lengthen your legs. Petite women should also show some skin between their boot and clothing not to appear shorter.
Footwear contributes to your sense of style, so choose a design that best suits your fashion tastes. Some people like a lot of detailing, while others are content with small tassels or a thin zip. No matter your preference, even a small bit of detailing goes a long way to making your boots stand out.
Pick a color that matches your outfit
When you discover the best ankle boots later in this article, you might feel flustered at the immense color range. But to narrow down your selections, choose a color that complements the color palette you typically wear. For most women, a neutral shade is a winner, and makes the shoes appropriate for around the office, too.
The comfort factor
Style is important, but if your ankle boots aren’t comfortable, you’ll throw them to the back of your wardrobe. Look for features that improve the boot’s comfort, such as memory foam insoles, cooling technology, a thick heel, cushioned fit, and flexible upper materials. These factors make a huge difference in how your feet feel at the end of the day.
Reviews: Best Ankle Boots and Booties for Women
We’ve researched the best ankle boots and booties based on comfort, quality, and style. You want to feel confident and fashionable in your footwear, while not jeopardizing your stability or comfort. That’s why we’ve discovered boots with different heel heights, but you’ll find each boot’s interior is cushioned, so no matter how long you wear them for, your feet won’t ache.
These are one of the best ankle boots and booties for running daily errands. They carry a casual appeal and cushioned foam layers to offer exceptional uncomfort. The synthetic upper keeps these ankle boots durable and long-lasting.
- Lightweight design with cushioned layers for unbeatable comfort.
- Black upper detailing for a casual feel.
- Platform measuring around 0.5 inches.
- Available in four different shades.
- Hidden side zipper to quickly put on and remove the shoes.
These are another of the best ankle boots and booties for women looking for comfort combined with class and practicality. The wraparound strap is adjustable so you can amend the size to your liking and feet size.
- Designed with Comfort Insole Technology for a cushioned fit.
- Perfectly versatile for a day or night look with shorts or a dress.
- Available in black and copper brown.
- Practical wedged heel measures 0.25 inches, which is ideal for walking far.
- The memory foam insole hugs your feet for slipper-like comfort.
Soda Women's Round Toe Faux Suede Stacked Heel Western Ankle Bootie (8.5 B(M) US, Smoke Grey) - Vegan-Friendly Ankle Boots
These vegan-friendly ankle boots are made of faux sueded leatherette for the same benefits of leather, without the use of animal materials. The shoes are fitted with a non-skid sole, making them resourceful in slippery conditions.
- Low chunky heel, measuring 1.75 inches.
- Available in 32 different colors.
- Suitable for people with wide feet.
- The color contrast of the shoe and heel makes the boots look expensive.
- Short ankle boot so you have optimum versatility with your outfits.
These ankle boots by LifeStride are available in medium and wide width to cater for everyone. The decorative tassel adds a luxurious appeal to ankle boots designed for women constantly on the go.
- Lightweight and durable sole.
- 0.05” heel for subtle height but still with comfort in mind.
- Soft System Technology offers incredible flexbility, so your feet remain comfortable.
- The upper softens to adjust to your feet size width.
- The traction sole ensures you feel stable when walking for miles in these shoes.
These are the best ankle boots for a rough-and-ready look as they carry a casual aesthetic while still looking like you made an effort. The dual zippers at the side offer an original design while adding the ultimate practicality.
- High-quality metal zippers that don’t get stuck.
- Available in 42 different colors so you can find the perfect shade for your outfit.
- Low boot style makes this footwear the perfect additional with jeans and a trendy top.
- The rubber sole offers excellent traction and reduces slipping.
- Heel measures 1.5” to keep comfort at the core.
Skechers Women's Taxi-Short Gore and Zipper Bootie Ankle Boot, Chocolate, 5 M US - Lightweight and Practical Ankle Boot
Skechers designed these ankle boots with a winter lining to keep your feet toasty, even when it’s cold outside. These boots are elegant, while the stacked block heel helps you to remain balanced and stable.
- 2.25” heel for extra height, while remaining practical.
- Suede upper material for a smooth and polished finish.
- Lightweight, measuring 1lb to keep you quick on your feet.
- Memory foam cushioned insole, so your feet don’t ache.
- Available in three different shades.
These are one of the best ankle boots and booties for women searching for a flexible and comfortable sole, so your feet never feel tiresome or achy.
- The traction sole offers flexibility and excellent comfort.
- The decorative buckle strap is the perfect finishing touch for a meal with friends.
- Support around your arch and heel to reduce discomfort.
- Heel measures 1.25” for a stylish and practical daytime look.
- Available in four different shades.
Index Table: Top-Rated Ankle Boots & Booties for Women