Summer is one of the best times of the year for me as I enjoy outdoor sports and activities, particularly swimming.
One of the favorite parts of summer is being able to wear flip-flops.
Flip flops are comfortable and come in so many fantastic colors and designs and every year you should go out looking for a new addition to your collection.
You can use flip flops for almost every occasion, leisure time, to the pool and beach, to town and even a more stylish pair for going out.
- Vionic Men's Tide Toe-post Sandal - Flip Flop with Concealed Orthotic Arch Support Brown 9 Medium US
- Vionic Women's Tide Sequins Toe Post Sandals - Ladies Flip Flop Sandals with Concealed Orthotic Arch Support White Black 5 Medium US
- Clarks Men's Balta Sun Flip Flop
- Clarks Women's Breeze Sea Flip-Flop, Magenta Synthetic, 5
Table of Contents
- Different Types of Flip Flop Footbeds
- Comfort Features of a Good Flip Flop
- Reviews: The Best Flip Flops
- 1 Comfortable Flip Flop
- 2 Beach Flip Flops with Arch Support
- 3 Flip Flops with Arch Support
- 4 Soft Lining Flip Flop
- 5 Anatomical Flip Flops
- 6 Classic Comfortable Flip Flop
- 7 Orthopedic Flip Flop
- 8 Stylish Flip Flops
- 9 Wedge Flip Flop
- 10 Flip Flop Sandals
- 11 Flip Flops for Traveling
- A Few Inaccuracies on Flip Flops
- Benefits of Wearing Flip Flops
- Index Table: Top Rated Flip Flops
Different Types of Flip Flop Footbeds
The most important aspect of a flip-flop is that they provide the ultimate comfort. Flip flops have different footbed types that provide different levels of support.
For your information and to make the choice easier we have divided them into the following “footbed” categories.
- Foam – The light foam footbed is the footbed that you would see in a classic and least expensive flip flops that are usually used for the beach and casual outings. This type of footbed offers the least support and shock absorbency and should not be used for extended wear. These are flip-flops for a quick excursion to the beach or pool area.
Molding – One of my favorites, these are usually made from EVA foam or rubber that conforms to the shape of the foot. EVA is very comfortable and soft on the feet, but it does not provide the best support and stability for prolonged wear. Best Walking Sandals is an Article that has some comfortable and supportive sandals available.
Novelty – There are many different brands of flip flops, some offer their own novelty footbeds such as comfort, support, added cushioning as well as different colors and shapes. Most novelty footbeds live up to their promise in offering you whatever characteristic they are said to have, but in my experience, they are still not the most stable of footbeds.
Contoured – A contoured or molded rubber footbeds are designed for the heavy wearer for all-day adventures and outings. They are basically anatomical molds on the bottom of your feet with heel cups and added padding. Contoured footbeds offer you excellent comfort, support, and stability. This is the go-to choice for all-day wear and outdoor adventures in the summer.
Comfort Features of a Good Flip Flop
For people with a foot condition, most Flip Flops do not provide adequate support or comfort and therefore are not suitable to wear for long periods of time. I wear my Flip Flops mostly on soft beaches or for a quick go-to shoe for a trip outside.
Because of the open design of a flip-flop, they do not provide much protection, and you are more likely to injure my feet or dirty them quickly.
Fortunately, there are so many brands of Flip Flops available that each has unparalleled comfort, and support features that you no longer need to worry about comfort.
- Cushioning – There are therapeutic flip flops available that have a supportive and cushioned insole and midsole to provide shock absorption and cushioned support particularly for people with foot pain or foot conditions, such as in my case.
Arch Support – Other flip flops that I like to have a contoured, arch-supportive or cushioned footbed along with moisture wicking capabilities to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
Outsole – A thicker outsole on your flip-flop can also help to absorb shock and provide cushioned comfort, as well as providing slip resistance, in this case, a rubber outsole is the best option.
Uppers – The uppers of many flip flops are designed to be soft and flexible on the skin not causing chafing or blisters.
Water Friendly – Most flip flops are water friendly or repellent.
Reviews: The Best Flip Flops
This is a fabulous sandal from Vionic; it is stylish and fashionable enough to wear everyday and anywhere.
A comfortable and supportive flip-flop sandal available in a large variety of colors for women and black and brown neutral colors for men.
- Made of the finest quality, advanced synthetic materials.
- A soft double rubber sole to reduce shock and pressure on the feet.
- The unique Orthaheel Support technology helps to reduce stress on the knees and joints.
- Biomechanically designed motion control Orthaheel footbed enhances comfort & support.
- Durable and comfortable enough for everyday wear.
1 Comfortable Flip Flop
A carefree and casual flip-flop by Clarks that is soft, lightweight and extremely comfortable. Clarks have been in business for over 100 years making shoes that are of the finest quality with all the options that you desire.
- Manmade from the finest quality materials.
- A durable synthetic sole.
- The midsole stripe and padded footbed add comfort and support.
- The heel is slightly elevated to reduce shock on the feet and add stability.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Available in many colors you can think of.
2 Beach Flip Flops with Arch Support
The Reef Ginger Flip Flop is a soft and lightweight flip-flop with a no-fuss casual design. The straps or thongs are available in different colors on the standard black footbed. This is a more casual flip flop with light support and superb comfort.
- The soft polyester strap is available in different colors and designs.
- Padded footbed for comfort and support.
- Durable and high-quality synthetic outer sole.
- Arch supportive triple density EVA midsole.
- Lightweight and comfortable.
3 Flip Flops with Arch Support
Crocs are a well-known name in breathable and comfortable shoes for casual wear. The Crocs Capri and Athens are a flip-flop that has a sleek and stylish design with the same fantastic fit.
- The uppers are made from the finest quality leather.
- A durable synthetic sole.
- The leather straps are soft with a microfiber lining.
- A deep heel that cradles your foot.
- A dual cross comfort foam footbed on top of a Croslite foam outsole.
- Soft and comfortable all day support.
- Many different colors available.
4 Soft Lining Flip Flop
The Olukai Ohana is a high quality and durable sandal that offers you many fantastic support and comfort features. This is definitely an all-day wear sandal available in many different colors and designs to be worn for any occasion.
- Made from the hypo-allergenic synthetic material.
- A synthetic and water resistant strap.
- A quick drying and soft knitted lining.
- The non-marking gum rubber outsole offers excellent grip.
- It comes with a high-quality neoprene backer.
- An EVA midsole that has been molded with anatomical compression features.
- The drop in footbed offers more support and comfort.
- A great traveling footwear for holidays on the beach.
- Soft Nylon Webbing.
5 Anatomical Flip Flops
The Teva Classic Mush is fun and the colorful casual flip-flop that is comfortable and supportive enough for everyday casual wear.
- The upper part of the Teva Mush consists of a three-point thong made from soft and comfortable textile material that is available in many fun and vibrant colors and designs.
- The Soft Mush top-sole has enhanced arch support and a soft and comfortable cushioned feel for all-day wear.
- The EVA outsole also features a traction pattern unique to the Teva Mush that provides durable traction on slippery surfaces while the EVA in the outsole provides shock absorbing cushioning and support.
- The TEVA Mush is shipped in a stylish bag with a plastic hanger for easy storage and safekeeping.
- The high traction outsole provides excellent grip on slippery surfaces.
6 Classic Comfortable Flip Flop
A stunning and comfortable flip flop the FitFlop is classified as a thong sandal because of its more stylish appearance and higher heel making it a more dressy flip-flop for every occasion.
- The Track Li FitFlop for men has Nubuck leather uppers and is available in Chocolate Brown and Timber Wolf colors.
- The FitFlop Flare for women have uppers that are decoratively studded with multi-tonal rhinestone crystals for a more glittering appearance that you can dress up from plane to pool party.
- A softly padded microfiber-lined suede upper midsole that is 41mm in height will provide you with luxurious cushioned comfort and support.
- The midsole is also biomechanically engineered with a standard micirowobbleboard for better shock absorption and underfoot pressure diffusion.
- The FitFlop Flare and Track Li have a generous and comfortable fit for all-day wear and a classy and fashionable appearance for every occasion.
7 Orthopedic Flip Flop
These Sandals from Clarks are a bit more classy and up style. Wear them to any occasion and enjoy the comfort and support that they offer.
- The Arla Glison has stylish synthetic uppers with detailed design.
- Available in a large variety of colors for the Glison and brown or black for the Lacono.
- A soft cushioned footbed and supportive midsole.
- The Arla Glison also features a higher platform that is more supportive.
- The Clarks Lacono has a soft EVA sole and does not have a heightened platform.
- A durable and shock absorbing EVA midsole.
8 Stylish Flip Flops
The Fitflop is one of the most popular wedge sole comfort flip flops you will find today. these are two stunning models for both men and women.
- the uppers for the men are a Nubuck leather and for the women a soft lined strap with chain detail.
- A slight platform and heel for stability and support.
- Both feature a arch contouring cushioned footbed.
- Durable rubber outsole.
- The Micro wobble board design ensures more comfort and support.
9 Wedge Flip Flop
The Vionic Ryder and Vionic Floriana are two exquisite casual and comfortable flip flop sandals with a stylish design.
- The Floriana features soft leather uppers with trendy decorative details, while the Ryder has a plainer smooth upper strap.
- The durable rubber outsole ensures excellent slip resistance.
- Orthaheel technology, ensures that you have all day orthotic support.
- Available in a few color options for women.
- Wider width options are liwise availble in these models.
10 Flip Flop Sandals
For those fun and sunny days on the beach, nothing beats the style and comfort of the Olukai.
- A hypo-allergenic flip flop sandal for summertime.
- The footbed is dropped for enhanced support and stability.
- An EVA midsole with anatomical compression.
- The uppers are soft and quick drying.
- Available in a few color options to choose from.
11 Flip Flops for Traveling
A Few Inaccuracies on Flip Flops
To me, Flip Flops are the official shoe for those hot summer days and the beach, they are easy to get in and out of, and they go well with almost any outfit that I own.
Unfortunately, I have heard that flip-flops have a bad reputation for being too basic and casual as well as noisy. Another myth is that Flip Flops do not provide much support or comfort.
So to set the records straight, here are a few facts about flip-flops:
- The noises that flip-flops make is just as normal to the wearer as the clacking of high heels and not all flip-flops make those noises.
- Flip flops are not just casual and made for the beach there are thousands of designs for every occasion from casual and sports to formal dress.
- Flip Flops do have a tendency to make your feet dirty therefore you need to be careful not to walk through mud and dirt when you wear them just as with any other open sandal.
- Flip Flops cannot be classified as ‘basic” anymore as there are so many colorful and decorative designs available.
- Flip Flops are not all many uncomfortable designs provide ample support and cushioning as well as many other comfort features.
Benefits of Wearing Flip Flops
Although it may not seem so, flip-flops have quite a few benefits that I have come across;
Scientific studies have proven that wearing a pair of flip-flops can aid in relaxation and calmness of the body and mind.
Flip flops can alleviate muscle and joint ache at the end of a long day of wearing high heels or similar footwear. They will also help to reduce stress and strain on your knees as well as pressure on your feet and toes.
Flip flops will keep your feet cool and dry because of their open design, so they are excellent for sweltering weather conditions. Having dry and cool feet during summer can help to prevent many foot ailments, such as Hyperhydrosis.
Despite their physical and medical attributes flip flops are very affordable and available in such a large variety of colors and designs that they can be worn almost anywhere and with any casual outfit.
Index Table: Top Rated Flip Flops
|1||Vionic - Comfortable Flip Flop||
|2||Clarks - Beach Flip Flops with Arch Support||
|3||Reef - Flip Flops with Arch Support||
|4||Crocs - Soft Lining Flip Flop||
|5||Olukai - Anatomical Flip Flops||
|6||Teva - Classic Comfortable Flip Flop||
|7||FitFlop - Orthopedic Flip Flop||
|8||Clarks - Stylish Flip Flops||
|9||FitFlop - Wedge Flip Flop||
|10||Vionic - Flip Flop Sandals||
|11||Olukai - Flip Flops for Traveling||