There is just no argument that Vibram is one of the toughest and most durable forms and constructions of rubber outsole that you will find. A Vibram outsole in a work shoe for industrial and hazardous materials is always your best choice as well as for a tough athletic, hiking, or outdoor running and walking shoe.
Table of Contents
- What is Vibram Rubber and How is it Made
- Benefits of Vibram Rubber Outsoles
- Features of a Good Sand Walking Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Shoes with Vibram Soles
- 1 Waterproof Vibram Sole Shoes
- 2 Vibram Sole Hiking Boots
- 3 Vibram Sole Trail Walker
- 4 Shock Absorbing Vibram Sole Trail Running Shoe
- 5 Trail Walking Shoe with Vibram Sole
- 6 Shoes for Walking on Ice and Icy Pavements
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes with Vibram Soles
What is Vibram Rubber and How is it Made
Vibram is basically just a brand of outsole manufacturer which produces soles mainly for work boots and outdoor shoes or boots. They are one of the best brands in the outsole that you will find so far, and a standard to which other brands measure their outsole.
Who Will benefit Most from a Vibram Rubber Outsole
- Work Shoe in Industrial Environments – Vibram Rubber in the outsole of your shoe is your BEST option in an industrial work environment where there are electrical hazards, puncture hazards, slippery, wet and even oily or greasy floor surfaces, as well as uneven and rough outdoor terrain, such as with construction work. Vibram outsoles can likewise be designed to even offer heat and chemical resistance and protection in these work environments.
Other Work Environments – Nurses, doctors, Surgeons, Chefs, and all food industry workers can benefit from the durability and slip resistance that a Vibram Rubber outsole offers.
Hiking and Trail walking – Walking or Hiking outdoor on wet uneven, muddy and slippery terrain is a job best suited for a tough and high grip Vibram rubber outsole and is the choice of many hikers alike.
Running and Walking – Although not very popular in general running and walking shoes, Vibram rubber does bring some benefits to the table offering better grip, durability, and shock absorbency, although it may be a bit on the heavy side for running with.
Motorcycling Shoes – Your Wolverine Brand and Harley Davidson brand shoes which are most popular amongst those who enjoy motorcycling, are all in favor of a Vibram rubber outsole. The Vibram rubber outsole offers superb traction, and grip as well as much desired durability and slip resistance for this sport and recreational activity.
Benefits of Vibram Rubber Outsoles
- Durable – Vibram Rubber is one of your most durable rubber outsole constructed mainly for work boots and outdoor hiking boots, so they will last even in harsh environments and with tough use.
Slip Resistant – Vibram outsoles are designed to offer slip resistance on many surfaces indoor sand outdoors, wet, icy, greasy, oily and even uneven surfaces. They have a lug tread design to offer better grip.
Grip and Traction – The Grip and Traction on any Vibram outsole are unmatchable and this is mainly what the sole is designed for.
Features of a Good Sand Walking Shoe
The Vibram rubber Outsole shoe can come in many forms, shapes, and types, in general, any Vibram Rubber Outsole shoe will be a quality brand. So, make sure that the label ensures that the shoe has a VIBRAM RUBBER OUTSOLE.
Besides this here are a few other general shoes features to look for;
- Durable and comfortable uppers from leather, synthetic or fabric materials.
- A suitable closure system such as a zip, laces or Velcro closure.
- Comfortably padded or cushioned footbed or insole.
- EVA or foam midsole for shock absorbency.
- Durable VIBRAM rubber outsole.
Reviews: The Best Shoes with Vibram Soles
Here are some top shoe brands and models that all have a durable and tough Vibram Rubber Sole;
The Moab Ventilator 2 is one of my personal favorite trail walking and hiking shoes as it is breathable, waterproof and boast the very popular and durable Vibram rubber outsole.
- Constructed from 100% genuine and durable suede leather with mesh insets that are lightweight, breathable and a completely waterproof lining.
- A Closed Cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out.
- The molded Nylon arch shank ensures better stability and support.
- There is a slip resistant and durable Vibram rubber TC5 outsole, which has a lug tread for better grip.
1 Waterproof Vibram Sole Shoes
The Lowa is a Hiking boot with a durable and tough Vibram rubber outsole as well as a breathable and completely waterproof Gore-Tex lining.
- Genuine smooth and supple leather uppers and a Vibram Rubber EVO high traction outsole.
- A mid-rise silhouette and D-Ring lacing.
- There is a Gore-Tex moisture wicking lining to keep your feet dry and fresh.
- A climate control comfortable footbed, to prevent overheating.
- The Monowrap frame in the midsole helps to give your feet superb support.
2 Vibram Sole Hiking Boots
These are both exceptional outdoor walking shoes from Merrell, ideal for long distance walks on uneven turf and trails.
- A tough and durable Trail specific Vibram outsoles that ensure superb grip and traction on even the most slippery surfaces.
- An athletic hiker style upper design that has mesh inserts for breathability.
- M-Select ECO Fit contoured footbed that provides organic odor control, with a shock absorbing heel cushion.
- There is likewise a 4MM lug shock absorbing air cushioning system, for impact resistance.
- The Bellow tongue to keep dirt and debris out.
- Highly comfortable and breathable leather uppers and a supportive Nylon shank.
3 Vibram Sole Trail Walker
The Altra Olympus is a Trail Running Shoe, that has a superb durable Vibram rubber outsole for excellent slip resistance on a variety of surfaces.
- Very comfortable, breathable and lightweight fabric and leather uppers.
- A FootShape toe box that offers more movement room and a better fit.
- A contoured footbed, and padded comfort collar for all-day comfort.
- There is a dual layer EVA midsole with a -bound top layer for the best shock absorbency and support you will find.
- The Vibram rubber outsole ensures excellent traction on any surface.
- Some color options are available
4 Shock Absorbing Vibram Sole Trail Running Shoe
A superb Trail Walking shoe from Merrel for those outdoor excursions with the durability and superb traction that only a Vibram Outsole can offer.
- Features the M-Select Fit, Eco contoured footbed with organic odor protection and an air cushion in the heel that absorbs shock and adds stability.
- The uppers consist of very Lightweight and breathable mesh and synthetic materials
- A nylon arch shank for better stability.
- A Bellow tongue to keep out all dirt and debris.
- The Vibram traction rubber outsole ensures the best grip on almost all surface types.
5 Trail Walking Shoe with Vibram Sole
A Vibram Sole Walking shoe that is perfect for cooler weather conditions and walking on slippery and even icy floor surfaces.
Merrel Coldpack for Men
- Available in 2 color options consisting of comfortable leather and textile uppers designs.
- 200 grams of M select insulation is added to the interior for lightweight warmth and comfort and a cushioned insole.
- An Arctic Grip Vibram rubber outsole for superb slip resistance, on wet and even icy floor surfaces.
Merrel Coldpack for Women
- Synthetic leather uppers that are soft and supple.
- A comfortably cushioned and shock absorbing EVA midsole.
- There are a Kinetic Fit Base and a removable and contoured supportive insole, for further comfort and support.
- The Vibram Outsole offers superb traction and grip on slippery surfaces.
6 Shoes for Walking on Ice and Icy Pavements
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes with Vibram Soles
|1||Merrell - Waterproof Vibram Sole Shoes||
|2||Lowa - Vibram Sole Hiking Boots||
|3||Merrell - Vibram Sole Trail Walker||
|4||Altra - Shock Absorbing Vibram Sole Trail Running Shoe||
|5||Merrell - Trail Walking Shoe with Vibram Sole||
|6||Merrell - Shoes for Walking on Ice and Icy Pavements||