The Gladiator sandal is a very old design dating back many years, that has made a come back with a bang in the fashion industry today.
The Gladiator sandal has come a far way from the old days and there are so many styles and designs available in this specific sandal genre today.
Gladiator Sandals and Their Origin
The basic features of the Gladiator sandal are the straps that hold the sole to the foot, usually a flat sole, and one wide strap that wraps around your ankle. The Mediterranean is the original Gladiator sandal style, which has existed since ancients times when the Roman and Greek Gladiators used to wear them.
The Gladiator sandal was the most worn piece of footwear in warmer climates such as the Mediterranean and Roman Empire.
The Basic Structure of the Gladiator sandal consists of a stiff flat sole attached to the foot by leather cords, straps or braided thongs that wrap around the ankle.
In the end, it was the Ancient Greeks that started to make most sandal and shoes fashionable, including the Gladiator sandal. Though these3 strappy sandals were very primitive ins construction and style they were lavishly decorated with dyes, amulets, and other adornments to give them more appeal.
Today the Gladiator sandal comes in an enormous variety of styles, shapes, and sizes, as well as colors and decorative styles.
What makes the Gladiator sandal so special and unique in its class is how absolutely versatile a style it is. It is fashionable to wear as a casual sandal to the beach, in town at home or at the poolside and can come in designs that are water resistant and ideal for these excursions.
The gladiator sandal can likewise be worn for more formal occasions whether the heel is flat or a tall stilleto, as both look exceptionally stylish. there are even models of gladiator sandals designed specifically for men.
A Few Gladiator Sandal Types
The Gladiator Sandal has redefined the looks of sandal almost entirely and has given a new aggressive style and bold look.
Here are a few of the unique designs in Gladiator sandals that you can look forward to today.
- Lace Up Gladiator Sandal – The traditional flat lace up Gladiator sandal is a vintage and stylish look that can be worn with almost any outfit. This style comes in any color imaginable.
Knee and Thigh High Gladiator Sandals – The Knee high Gladiator sandal’s straps come up to your knee where they tie, whereas the thigh high goes up much higher. These sandals are likewise available in a variety of colors and materials and may have a flat sole or a heel. These a superb for a sexy look in a short dress or pair of short shorts.
Heeled Formal Gladiator Sandal – For more formal occasions as a dress shoe the high heeld Gladiator sandal can be a fashion favorite.
Jewelled and Adorned Gladiator Sandals – Another more stylish and feminine style is the Gladiator sandal decorated with jewels, glitter, leather straps, beads or cut out designs.
Casual Flat Gladiator Sandal – A Casual styled flat soled Gladiatir sandal usually in a solid color option for everyday casual wear.
Features of a Good Gladiator Sandal
- Flat, platform, flatform or stiletto heel.
- Suede leather or rubber sole.
- Suede, smooth or synthetic leather uppers.
- Ankle, knee or thigh high straps.
- The closure is either tie lacing or buckles.
- Decorative details such as fringes, beads, embroidery, and leather cut outs.
- Quality and durable construction.
- Comfortable cushioned or cork footbed.
- A comfortably cushioned footbed or padded footbed in some models.
- In the casual designs, you can find a cork footbed that is lightweight and cushioned.
- A moisture wicking lining in the insole that keeps your feet dry such as leather or a fabric material.
- An outsole made from synthetic materials or rubber wth patterns or without on the tread for grip and traction.
Reviews: The Best Gladiator Sandals
Below are some of the most desirable and popular Gladiator Sandals and models available today;
The Bright from Sigerson Morrison is a flat dress style, knee high gladiator sandal in a neutral nude color that will perfectly suit any outfit.
- Genuine leather uppers straps with a soft nude finish and knee high strap design.
- A durable leather sole that is flat and comfortable.
- A lace up front for a more secure fit.
The Frye Andora is a casual wearing plain and classic styled ankle gladiator sandal with a buckle closure.
- Soft and supple leather uppers up to your ankle with a buckle closure system.
- A soft and durable suede sole.
- Comfortable insole.
- Available in a Black Off White or Tan color variation.
- Very high quality craftmaship.
Mephisto Women's Victoire Gladiator Sandal, Tobacco Velcalf Premium/Coral Matoaka, 6 M US - Gladiator Sandal
A comfortable and casual all day wear Galdiatopr sandal with a slight thick uniform sole and stunning beaded details on the straps.
- Genuine suede leather uppers in a neutral tan color option.
- Colorful beading detailed on the top straps.
- A comfortable and cushioned Cork Footbed and thick sole.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
Fashion Thirsty Womens Thigh High Lace Up Stiletto Sandals Party Boots Size 5 - Thigh High Gladiator Sandal
A gorgeous and daring thigh high dress Gladiator sandal with a high stiletto heel for those formal occasions.
- Available in a red or black faux Sude leather option or a metallic rose gold leather option.
- A stiletto heel and flat forefoot.
- Thigh high design with laces that fasten at the top for a secure fit.
- A synthetic sole and comfortable insole.
Index Table: Top Rated Gladiator Sandals
|1||Sigerson Morrison Women's Bright Gladiator Sandal, Soft Pink, 9 - Knee Length Gladiator Sandal||Sigerson Morrison||90|
|2||FRYE Women's Andora Gladiator Flat Sandal, tan, 8 M US - Casual Wear Gladiator Sandal||Frye||90|
|3||Mephisto Women's Victoire Gladiator Sandal, Tobacco Velcalf Premium/Coral Matoaka, 6 M US - Gladiator Sandal||Mephisto||90|
|4||Fashion Thirsty Womens Thigh High Lace Up Stiletto Sandals Party Boots Size 5 - Thigh High Gladiator Sandal||Fashion Thirsty||90|