If you are someone who lives anywhere where rain and wet conditions are the norms, then Gore-Tex will be your best friend. Gore-Tex Waterproof Linings are most definitely the most effective and comfortable waterproof linings that you will find, anywhere.
Table of Contents
- What is Gore-Tex and Why Should You be Interested
- Gore-Tex Shoes
- How to Choose Your Gore-Tex Shoes
- Reviews: The Best Gore-Tex Lined Shoes for Women
- 1 Gore-Tex Hiking Shoe
- 2 Walking and Hiking Shoe with Gore-Tex
- 3 Long Country Boot with Gore-Tex
- 4 Insulated Snow Boot
- 5 Gore-Tex dress Pump
- 6 Gore-Tex Lined Hiking Shoe
- 7 Gore-Tex Slip On Flat
- 8 Hiking Gore-Tex Lined Shoe
- In Conclusion
- Index Table: Top Rated Gore-Tex Shoes for Women
What is Gore-Tex and Why Should You be Interested
You have guessed it right, Gore-Tex originated in the very wet weathered Britain in 1987, as their new weapon against cold and wet weather.
Well, we all know that it keeps us dry from the outside and inside, but what is it actually, physically? and why is it more expensive.
- What Gore-Tex Is – Basically, Gore-Tex is a membrane which stops water from seeping through into your shoes but still allows vapor to pass through, thus keeping you dry not only from wet conditions but similarly from sweating.
Materails – The membrane itself is manufactured from an expanded polytetrafluoroethylene fiber, and no I am not cursing you, let’s use its common name, Teflon. This polymer is stretched to form a microporous material consisting of over 9 million pores per square inch, and then the membrane is bonded with fabrics in various ways to make it completely waterproof and windproof.
How Gore-Tex is Created – Well, funny story is, the process of creating Gore-Tex was discovered accidentally by Bob Gore (Gore-Tex), in 1969.
- Bob was conducting an experiment with heated rods of Teflon, and violently stretched one of them in pure frustration. .So he discovered a new form of polymer (extended polytetrafluoroethylene) or ePTFE, and well, as they say, the rest is history. Thus was discovered GORE-TEX!
Gore-Tex Uses – Gore-Tex is mainly used in performance clothing and footwear, such as hiking gear, ski-jackets, and lightweight shells. It is an outdoor pioneer challenging all the other top brands.
- Today, however, we are concentrating specifically on shoes designed for women, with the fantastic Gore-Tex membrane waterproof and breathable lining.
How Gore-Tex Works
You will find a Gore-Tex Lining in shoes such as Hiking, trail running, Hunting and waterproof shoes and boots.
Look for the Gore-Tex Sign and make sure it is genuine!
How to Choose Your Gore-Tex Shoes
Besides the Gore-Tex Lining, here are some other features to look at in your new waterproof shoes;
- Look for a good and comfortable fit.
- Features such as arch support and cushioning for comfort.
- Good stability and ankle support.
- Lightweight construction.
- Durable and quality craftsmanship.
Reviews: The Best Gore-Tex Lined Shoes for Women
So you have been convinced with the extraordinary benefits that Gore-Tex can offer you, well then, here is our list of the top women shoe models that feature the genuine Gore-Tex waterproof lining, no imitations, scouts honor!!!
If you are an avid hiking enthusiast, this is the perfect hiking boot for your, from a trusted and well-known name brand2, that offers only the best in innovative technology and quality.
- Textile and synthetic uppers with techno fabric and a waterproof Gore-Tex lining for a shoe that is highly durable and breathable in all seasons.
- Features the 4D Advanced Chassis design that enables forefoot flexion and much better cushioning around your feet.
- The wet traction Contagrip outsole offers extremely high traction and grip capabilities on all terrain.
- The advanced Chassis connects directly to your heel which in turn, offers better stability in the heel area.
The next step in waterproof walking and hiking shoes is the Merrell Moab FST, durable and comfortable with all the weatherproof protection that you will need in a good shoe for walking or hiking.
- Flexible and breathable leather and textile uppers in a tough and durable design.
- A durable and high traction Vibram rubber MegaGrip sole, for wet and dry surfaces.
- The Kinetic FIT base insole is a contoured design for flexible and intuitive support to ensure better and easier movement.
- Lined with the highly breathable and waterproof Gore0Tex lining to keep you dry and cool in all weather conditions.
This is truly the perfect winter boot for any occasion, a country style long lace-up winters boot completely insulated and waterproof. Highly recommended for individuals in cold and wet weather conditions.
- Stunning Knee-high boot in rich brown color with a lace-up feature.
- Manufactured from premium full grain leather with a breathable and waterproof Gore-Tex membrane.
- An elegant and striking plaid lining.
- Insulated with the well-known and very effective 200g Thinsulate material to keep feet warm.
- A full-length medial zipper, with YKK the toughest in zips, for easy on and off.
- All in all a lovely boot with a slight heel for that feminine classy touch that you can wear, anywhere and everywhere.
My second choice in Gore-tex lined winter boot for you is the highly fashionable and comfortable, Icebug. It’s a lovely short boot, insulated and stylish, perfect for snow and very cold winters.
- Feature the Bugrip rubber outsole that has a 14 carbide tip stud arrangement for reliable traction especially on icy and wet surfaces.
- The Gore-Tex membrane lines the breathable uppers for full waterproofing.
- Insulated to keep you warm in extremely cold conditions.
- A roomy and wide last with a well-balanced midsole and memory foam sock liner for superior support and comfort.
Looking for something a bit more dressy and stylish to wear to a special occasion or to the office. Well, the Mila from Mephisto, and ECCO Track offers you a stylish look, with comfort and Gore-Tex waterproofing.
- Soft and supple synthetic fabric uppers with a waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex lining.
- Features the popular Soft Air comfort technology removable leather insole.
- A natural rubber outsole for excellent traction and shock absorbency.
- Gorgeous design in a dress pump for more formal occasions and ideal as an office work shoe.
- The Ecco track is a lace up men’s dress shoe.
The North face Hedgehog is a Gore-Tex Lined Hiking and outdoor walking shoe.
- Durable and breathable leather uppers with a completely waterproof and highly breathable Gore-Tex membrane.
- A Suede comfort and moisture wicking sole.
- A high grip lug patterned outdoor trail rubber outsole.
- A fastpack GTX hiking underfoot design.
The Ecco Bella and Ecco Turn is a Slip-on shoe complete with a breathable Gore-Tex lining to offer you only the best in waterproofing.
- Leather and textile uppers with a Gore-Tex membrane lining.
- Very flexible and breathable stretch uppers and detailing on the heel.
- A Direct Injected one component PU outsole, that is hard wearing and flexible.
- Inner climate control and complete waterproof construction.
The Salomon Crest GTX is a hiking shoe with a waterproof and highly breathable Gore-Tex Lining.
- A thick trail specific hiking, rubber outsole.
- Inside is a cushioned and stable fit design X-Ultra technology footbed and interior.
- The uppers PU leathers are coated with leather reinforcement and a Gore-Tex waterproof membrane.
- A protective toe cap, and a stabilizing heel counter with reinforcements along your feet.
There’s a Gore-Tex lined shoe for every occasion and every weather condition, from extremely hot, to extremely cold!
Index Table: Top Rated Gore-Tex Shoes for Women
|1||Salomon - Gore-Tex Hiking Shoe||
|2||Merrell - Walking and Hiking Shoe with Gore-Tex||
|3||Ariat - Long Country Boot with Gore-Tex||
|4||Icebug - Insulated Snow Boot||
|5||ECCO - Gore-Tex dress Pump||
|6||The North Face - Gore-Tex Lined Hiking Shoe||
||The North Face||86|
|7||ECCO - Gore-Tex Slip On Flat||
|8||Salomon - Hiking Gore-Tex Lined Shoe||