When you are on your feet all day, walking and moving around quite a bit it can greatly affect your feet, ankles, legs, and back.
You stand the chance of incurring a foot or ankle injury or suffering from lower limb or foot problems.
Whether you are required to do a lot of walking for work or just enjoy walking as a pass time you will need to make an extra effort to keep your feet and legs healthy and comfortable.
- Orthofeet Men's Orthopedic Gray Knit Sprint Tie-Less Sneakers, Size 10.5 Wide
- Orthofeet Women's Athletic Walking Shoes with Orthopedic Arch Support for Foot Pain Relief - Coral
- Mizuno Men's Wave Rider 22 Running Shoe, blue jay-silver 16 D US
- Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 22 Running Shoe, Trade Winds/Teaberry 6 B
Problems from Walking for Extended Periods
Pain and swelling in lower limbs can occur from being on your feet for long periods of time.
Walking can affect your feet, knees, hips, and ankles.
Back pain is also common in people who are on their feet for prolonged hours.
Conditions such as varicose veins, plantar fasciitis, Muscle fatigue, knee, and hip arthritis, bunions, knee problems.
joint damage and stretched Achilles tendons can all occur as a result of standing on your feet too long and too often.
Types of Shoes Good for Walking All Day
Shock Absorption – The most important aspect of a good walking shoe is that it is designed to absorb the maximum amount of shock from the impact on the feet when running or walking.
Weight – A lightweight shoe is equally important because you want as little as possible weight and strain on your feet when you are walking.
Support – A shoe that offers good support and balance, as well as protection and comfort, is also advisable.
Fit – You need to get just the right fit size for your feet. Remember that you want a shoe that will not have any sharp edges or hard stitching that can cause chafing and blisters.
Breathability – An important aspect of preventing excessive sweating and overheating.
Outsole – A shoe with a durable outer sole that will offer you good grip and traction especially on uneven and slippery surfaces.
Reviews: Best Shoes for Walking and Standing All Day
Here are a few of the top rated shoes that have proved themselves to be excellent walking and running shoes;
The Orthofeet Coral is an orthopedic shoe that is perfect to use as a walking shoe, particularly if you have a health condition affecting your feet.
- Features an orthotic insole with anatomical arch support and a cushioned heel pad which conforms to the contours of your feet.
- The Ortho Cushioning system and lightweight sole with air cushioning offer superior comfort and shock absorbency.
- A non-binding extra depth design to accommodate all foot types and conditions.
- Seamless lined mesh and synthetic uppers, that are breathable, flexible and comfortable.
1 Walking Shoes
One of the best running shoes for women the Mizuno Wave Rider, because of it’s great features for running it will also make a fantastic walking shoe.
- A lightweight running shoe that will prevent foot fatigue and strain on the feet and lower limbs.
- Made from the finest quality synthetic materials that are lightweight and breathable.
- Features a durable upper shock attenuation.
- A more refined toe spring.
- Premium quality sock liner.
- A durable synthetic sole.
2 Athletic Shoe for Walking
The Skechers Sports Women’s Relaxation Sneak comes power packed with many fantastic features making it a perfect walking shoe that will give you great comfort and durability.
- Made from the finest quality leather and fabric.
- A rubber sole offering good grip.
- The Sole on the Men’s Verse is highly flexible.
- The one-inch heel improves stability and support as well as aiding to absorb shock.
- The Women’s relaxation is a slip-on sneaker with breathable mesh and ghillie eyelets with bungee laces.
- A comfortable memory foam insole.
- The collar is made from a stretch material with zigzag stitching.
- Available in a variety of colors.
3 Sneakers for Walking and Active Standing
New Balance is a brand1 that designs athletic shoes, they do not design shoes to fit an image they design shoes that fit perfectly and that help you to achieve your goals.
The New Balance 928 Walking Shoe has been developed using the best research to give you a shoe that’s the main purpose is to provide you with effective comfort and performance specifically for walking.
- An imported shoe made from the finest quality leather.
- The rubber sole offers excellent grip.
- Some of the model1s have laces others have hook and loops with laces and mesh uppers.
- A compression molded EVA midsole.
- Rollbar technology.
- Dual-density PU inserts for added support.
- Available in four colors.
4 Laced walking Shoe
The Saucony ProGrid offers exceptional comfort and support as well as great shock absorbency for people who are on the move all day.
- The forefoot and rearfoot are cushioned and have a Strobel board to reduce impact and improve the gait cycle.
- The ProGrid heel with Respon Technology gives added support and shock absorbency.
- The EVA midsole is compression molded for added comfort and support.
- Breathable and flexible leather uppers for extra comfort.
- An XXTM outsole with added Walk Trac technology for the best traction and grip.
- Different colors available.
- Not just a great walking shoe but also the Best Shoe for Narrow Feet because of its flexible fit.
5 Balanced Standing and Walking Shoe
The Asics Gel Cumulus 20 is an excellent running and walking shoe, particularly for those who have a job or hobby that requires them to walk all day long
- The uppers are made from synthetic materials that ensure good ventilation.
- A shock absorbing rubber sole that ensures a good grip.
- The impact guide system enables the foot to have a natural gait from heel strike to toe-off when walking.
- A Fluid Ride technology system for a combination of bounce back and cushioning that reduces weight and impact on your feet as well as your knees and ankles.
- Rearfoot and forefoot gel cushioning that attenuate shock allowing you to move on multiple planes as your foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Vertical flex grooves for better traction and an enhanced gait cycle.
- Eliminates and prevents knee pain.
6 Walking Shoe for All Day Walking
The Merrell Moab Ventilator 2 is a shoe that is made for walking, particularly outdoor adventurous walking. A breathable and well-ventilated shoe that will keep you on your feet all day.
- Walking in these shoes will not affect your knees or feet at all.
- The Slip-resistant, Multi-Sport TC5+, Vibram outsole provides better traction.
- M-select DRY technology keeps the moisture out while keeping the feet well ventilated.
- Because this is a hiking style shoe it is also known as the Best Hiking Shoes for Women.
7 All Day Walking Shoe
The Propet Stability Walker is a shoe that is made for walking offering you the best support and stability features with added breathability.
- Soft full grain perforated leather or nubuck uppers.
- A brushed Nylon lining.
- The Speed lacing system ensures an easy and customized fit.
- A comfortable padded tongue and collar.
- A rigid heel counter for durability.
- The removable PU footbed ensures comfort and support.
- An arch-supporting EVA midsole.
- A slip-resistant rubber outsole that offers excellent traction.
8 Stability Walking Shoe
These are all-day comfort walking shoes that will reduce foot fatigue and stress on your feet.
- The padded tongue and collar ensure a comfortable and supported fit.
- Durable and breathable synthetic uppers.
- A smooth and comfortable inner lining.
- An anatomical Precise-Return cushioned footbed that absorbs shock and returns energy to the feet, on the Ryka Dash 2.
- A compression molded EVA midsole for support and comfort.
- The Nike Revolution three has a soft foam midsole for responsive cushioning.
- A durable rubber outsole that will prevent slips.
9 Shoe for Walking All Day
So if you are someone who enjoys a bit of walking or even if your work requires you to do a lot of walking these listed shoes are sure to give you all the comfort and support that you need for walking.
Not only will the listed shoes provide you with the maximum comfort and support they are also durable enough to last you for quite a while.
Index Table: Top Shoes for Standing & Walking All Day
|1||Orthofeet - Walking Shoes||
|2||Mizuno - Athletic Shoe for Walking||
|3||Skechers Sport - Sneakers for Walking and Active Standing||
|4||New Balance - Laced walking Shoe||
|5||Saucony - Balanced Standing and Walking Shoe||
|6||Asics - Walking Shoe for All Day Walking||
|7||Merrell - All Day Walking Shoe||
|8||Propet - Stability Walking Shoe||
|9||Nike - Shoe for Walking All Day||