Whether you are walking for exercise, recreational means, or just walking your dog around the block, a good pair of comfortable and supportive walking shoes is a must.
Although, what happens when it rains, or when you need to walk through wet terrain? We all know at some stage our walking shoes are bound to get wet, and what is not more uncomfortable than that. So why not opt for a waterproof walking Shoe!
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Walking
- Dangers of Wet Feet
- Choosing the Right Waterproof Walking Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Available Waterproof Walking Shoes
- 1 Wavewalk Technology Waterproof Walking Shoes
- 2 Hiking Shoe for Walking
- 3 Weatherproof Walking Shoe
- 4 Waterproof Slip On Walking Shoe
- 5 Breathable Waterproof Sports Shoe
- 6 Waterproof Walking Shoe
- 7 Waterproof Walking Sneaker
- 8 Outdoor Waterproof Walking Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Waterproof Walking Shoes
Benefits of Walking
There are just so many benefits to walking as a form of exercise and recreation;
- Walking improves and maintains your overall health.
- It increases cardiovascular fitness and reduces your chances of developing heart disease.
- Walking boosts muscle power strengthens your bones and reduces stress and body fat.
- Walking is absolutely free and requires no special equipment or gear.
- Walking can likewise reduce your risk of developing diabetes, osteoporosis, and some cancer types.
- Walking is a low impact exercise that can be performed at any time of the day, anywhere.
- Walking is fun and does not limit you.
- With walking, you can enjoy the outdoor or indoor view, and likewise, breathe the fresh air of nature.
Dangers of Wet Feet
As a child, we were always taught that walking barefoot when it’s cold or having wet hair will cause the flu. Fortunately, this is not quite true.
- Wet Feet – When water seeps through your shoes and your feet become wet, the skin absorbs the wetness and becomes wrinkly.
Skin Damage – The longer your feet remain wet the more damaged they become ass the skin tears and cracks causing painful sores and blisters, which may become infected.
Infections – For individuals with conditions such as diabetes, such injuries could be very severe as they take much longer to heal.
Frostbite – Exposure to wet and cold conditions could, in turn, cause frostbite and a condition called Trench Foot, which is caused by prolonged exposure to cold and wet conditions.
Choosing the Right Waterproof Walking Shoe
Choosing the right walking shoe for your foot and arch type, as well as your requirements, is a task in itself. Choosing a pair that is also waterproof, may become quite challenging.
Here are a few things to consider;
- Walking Style – Pick the right shoe for the trail that you will be walking on, such as pavement, trail or grass. You can opt for a running shoe or just a casual walking shoe.
Flexibility and Support – The shoe should bend at the ball of the foot when you flex it, it should likewise offer good arch support.
Cushioning – Because walking causes much less impact on your feet than running, you will only require some cushioning, particularly at the heel and ball of the foot.
Waterproofing – Most trail running shoes and hiking shoes offer a waterproof feature and they work well for walking. Make sure that your shoe is both waterproof and breathable.
Weight – Look for a shoe that is lightweight and easy to walk with.
Fit – The most important factor is fit. Your walking shoe should not be so loose that your feet move around when you walk, neither so tight as to squeeze your feet. Furthermore, make sure that you have enough toe room for you to be able to wiggle your toes in.
Reviews: The Best Available Waterproof Walking Shoes
The Clarks Wave Trek and Uncoast are comfortable and innovative waterproof walking sneakers that look stylish and casual enough to wear with any outfit, for any occasion.
- Available in five lovely neutral color options with stunning decorative details.
- Features Wavewalk technology for comfort and support.
- A rocker sole aids in absorbing shock, conserving energy and helps to cushion your joints.
- It is crafted with rich genuine full-grain leather that is waterproof and weather-ready.
- A removable Ortholite footbed provides even further cushioned comfort and support.
- The durable and high traction outsole will keep you fully grounded and on your feet.
1 Wavewalk Technology Waterproof Walking Shoes
A fashionable, yet highly durable and functional hiking shoe. The Columbia Redmond is perfect for any outdoor walking excursion, even a hiking trip with the ladies.
- The uppers consist of a combination of suede leather, mesh and webbing, for breathable, flexible and durable comfort.
- Cushioned with Techlite material for lightweight shock absorption and comfort.
- The Omni—Grip multi-terrain traction system is ideal for any terrain, providing solid footing and exceptional slip resistance.
- A fashionable style and highly durable walking shoe with advanced waterproof functionality.
2 Hiking Shoe for Walking
Perfect for walking outdoors in rough, slippery and wet terrain. Soloman is a well-known name when it comes to sports and outdoor walking and running shoes. You simply cannot go wrong with these beauties.
- Textile and synthetic uppers in a rich and deep grey and maroon color with black trimmings.
- Features the ClimaShield waterproof membrane which is flexible and offers very reliable weather protection.
- The coated leather is highly durable and offers additional protection against abrasion and moisture.
- Exceptional grip on all terrain with the Contagrip deep lug rubber outsole for wet and dry surfaces.
- Comes with the Salomon two year limited warranty for quality and performance peace of mind.
3 Weatherproof Walking Shoe
Looking for something that is easy to slip on and off when you want to go for a quick walk outside, then look no further than this comfortable and waterproof slip-on from Merrell.
- 1005 Waterproof leather uppers with an M-Select Dry membrane that is similarly breathable.
- A nylon arch shank for stability and support.
- The grippy outsole features a 3mm lug depth , outstanding for outdoor terrain.
- Dual-Density foam cushioning for shock absorption and comfort
4 Waterproof Slip On Walking Shoe
The Keen Presidio for women and Austin for Men is an outstanding choice in the shoe as it is so versatile, as a walking and outdoor sports shoe.
- Durable leather uppers from full grain leather with breathable textile insets.
- Features the KEEN dry waterproof membrane that still allows for excellent breathability.
- A metatomical molded-PU footbed that is removable for additional comfort and convenience.
- The compression molded EVA midsole ensure good shock absorption and support.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
5 Breathable Waterproof Sports Shoe
A comfortable walking shoe from Teva with a tread designed for wet and slippery surfaces as well as waterproof design.
- 100% Leather and synethtic uppers with a waterproof seal.
- A float lite cushined midsole.
- Modern and versatile design with a few color variations.
- Lined with lightweight and breathable mesh.
- Features a durable and slip-resistant rubber outsole with strategically placed pods for better grip.
6 Waterproof Walking Shoe
A sleek and stylish everyday walking sneaker from Sorel ideal for wet environments and rainy weather conditions.
- Completely Waterproof Construction.
- High traction with a vulcanized herringbone rubber outsole.
- Soft interior lining and a PU EVA footbed.
- Comes in a few color options to choose from.
7 Waterproof Walking Sneaker
A comfortable heavy-duty walking shoe for the outdoors, with a waterproofing design from Mountain Warehouse.
- A breathable softshell outer design with a waterproof membrane.
- Breathable enough to keep your feet dry from the inside while remaining waterproof on the outside.
- A comfortable and cushioned Phylon Midsole.
- Flexible and durable design with a longlasting rubber outsole.
8 Outdoor Waterproof Walking Shoes
As you can see, dry feet are important when walking or running, for comfort and the health of your feet.
A waterproof walking shoe is always a good idea, and you simply cannot go wrong with any of these exquisite options.
Index Table: Top Rated Waterproof Walking Shoes
|1||Clarks - Wavewalk Technology Waterproof Walking Shoes||
|2||Columbia - Hiking Shoe for Walking||
|3||Salomon - Weatherproof Walking Shoe||
|4||Merrell - Waterproof Slip On Walking Shoe||
|5||Keen - Breathable Waterproof Sports Shoe||
|6||Teva - Waterproof Walking Shoe||
|7||Sorel - Waterproof Walking Sneaker||
|8||Mountain Warehouse - Outdoor Waterproof Walking Shoes||