Wearing a shoe that does not provide a comfortable fit in any scenario, places unnecessary pressure on your feet and will hurt and in turn cause damage to your feet.
When you have a larger or wider forefoot, or even if you suffer from a foot condition such as hammertoe or Bunions, you may require a shoe with a larger toe box.
But what happens when a wide width shoe does not fit your heel and causes chafing and blisters in turn. Finding a shoe with a wide enough Toe box, and a Narrow heel seems quite impossible. Well I am here to tell you that it is not, there are quite a few brand options that aim at this issue specifically.
Why a Wider Toe Box?
There are many reasons as to why you may need a wider toe box to start with.
Some individuals may genetically have a wider forefoot, and a narrow heel, which is not in the majority but does however occur.
Then there is also the case, where you may have a narrow foot and heel, but suffer from a painful foot condition which causes deformities, or growths on your forefoot or toes.
In this case, you might likewise need a shoe with a wider toe box to prevent any pressure or chafing.
General Benefits of a Wider Toe Box
- A wide toe box shoe is much more comfortable for your forefoot and toes and ensures more room for movement.
- A Wider toe Box allows your toes to splay easily which in turn encourages proper alignment of your toes and forefoot, in the way that nature intended.
- Wearing a shoe with a wider toe box can help to prevent debilitating lower leg issues, knee pain, ingrown toenails, neuroma, and even shin splints.
- You will most likely similarly experienced an improved sense of balance and be much more sturdy on your feet.
- A Wider Toe Box, in turn, offers better stability features which can aid in preventing ankle sprains and injuries.
Shoes for a Narrow Heel
When you have a narrow heel the best shoe to look for is a shoe with a combination last, which in general terms is a shoe that has a narrower rear than forefoot, mostly found in athletic shoes.
Shoes with laces or adjustable straps, particularly and ankle strap offer you the advantage of customizing the fit of the shoe to suit your foot type.
If you struggle to find the perfect shoe for your requirements, there are some other hacks you can try to narrow your heel area.
Using an insert or orthotic, such as a heel grip or collar gives you a bit of a tighter fit in the heel area. Likewise, wearing socks with padded heels can serve as a space filler for a much better fit.
Features of the Best Wide Toe Box Shoes with Narrow Heels
- A lace up or adjustable closure system.
- Features a combination last fit.
- Back straps or closure system.
- A Wider or more flexible toe box area that can stretch.
- Available in wider widths.
- Comfortable EVA or cork footbed.
- Breathability features such as perforation or mesh materials.
- Arch Support.
- Memory Foam Footbed.
- Flexible upper construction
- A contoured footbed that narrows at the heel.
Reviews: Wide Toe Box and Narrow Heel Shoe Options
ALTRA Women's AFW1953G Superior 4 Trail Running Shoe, Gray/Raspberry - 5.5 M US - Trail Running Shoe
The ALTRA Superior 4 Trail is an all around trail running shoe with great support for your feet with a huge toe box.
- Zero-Drop – Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground.
- FootShape – Allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally.
- Customize every women’s shoe to the unique anatomy of the female foot.
- Ideal use for Trail running, trail racing with a rubber sole and low Cushioning.
KEEN Women's Presidio Casual Comfortable Oxford, Black/Magnet, 7 - Narrow Heel Shoe with Wider toe Box
The Keen Presidio is a stylish and lightweight lace up sneaker designed to fit a narrow heel foot, with a bit of extra room in the toe area.
- Features a metatomical EVA Footbed for excellent supper, with moisture wicking properties.
- The insole has a deep heel cup for better rearfoot stability and a better fit.
- A sturdy non-marking rubber outsole.
- Well constructed uppers with a waterproofing membrane.
- A wider toe box, with a narrow heel for better support and a superior fit.
The Naot Dorith features a comfortable ankle strap, and contoured footbed for a secure heel fit, and widens to the toe area, for more toe room. A light and flat sandal, perfect for summer excursions.
- Soft and durable leather uppers with backstrap panels for improved support and a better fit.
- A TPR durable rubber outsole.
- Offers good arch support and cushioning with a cork and latex footbed.
- A flexible fit and construction.
- Available in many bright and neutral color options to choose from.
Soft Styles Women's Angel II Dress Pump, Red Elegance, 5.5 - Flexible Toe and Narrow Heel Dress Pump
A stunning dress pump, available in every color and pattern design you could imagine. The Soft Style Angel pump features a narrow heel, and soft and flexible toe area, along with a slight heel for a more elegant feel.
- Synthetic uppers with a cushioned lining for a more comfortable fit.
- Low heel and rolled topline for better support.
- The footbed is padded and perforated for breathable comfort.
The Cobb Hill Gabby is a fashionable trending design shoe in a summer sandal style with an ankle bootie design and lace up system. The perfect fit that this shoe offers is because you can adjust the fit to your personal requirements.
- Soft and supple leather uppers with an adjustable fit.
- A supportive and cushioned EVA Footbed.
- Available in different width options.
- Lightweight and flexible for superior comfort that lasts.
Aravon Women's Clarissa Fisherman Sandal,Black,9 B US - Closed Toe Sandal with a Wide Toe and Narrow Heel Area.
This lovely designed sandal has a closed toe and comfortable supportive heel with an adjustable strap for a more snug fit. The toe area is roomy enough and has strap cut-out details for a breathable and cool summer shoe.
- Features a leather closed toe and leather hook and loop strap at the ankle for a much better fit.
- A removable cork and ethylene vinyl acetate footbed for support and comfort.
- Breathable linings to keep your feet dry and fresh.
- Available in a few neutral color options for your perusal.
NAOT Women's Lace-up Kata Shoe Navy Lthr Combo 9 M US - Dress Pump with Wide Toe Box and Narrow Heel
A stunning and feminine styled shoe for all occasions from Naot that will accommodate a wider forefoot and narrow heel.
- Durable leather uppers are available in many color varieties to choose from.
- Secure ankle and ankle strap for a better fit when you have a narrow heel.
- Excellent arch support and a Padded heel Cup.
- Shock absorbing and slip resistant outsole and cushioned midsole.
The Roxy Rory Slip on sneaker features a slightly wider toe box and narrow secure heel fit.
- Textile uppers that ate lightweight and breathable with a roomy top box.
- An elasticized topline for a secure fit with a decorative embroidered detail Roxy Flag Label.
- There are knotted cotton laces in the closure.
- A comfort Memory foam padded canvas insole for cushioning and moisture management.
- The Flexible TPR injected Outsole, has molded arch detail for better arch support and flexibility.
A stunning Wedge Sneaker Style boot from Steve Madden that is ideal if you need more toe room and a narrow fitting secure heel.
- Available in a few neutral color options in the suede leather uppers.
- The sole is a white thick rubber wedge sole for comfort and support.
- A narrow style heel and roomy toe box.
- Fetaures a side zip closure for a more secure fit.
What are Your Options?
A great option that you can try when you have a wide toe area and the narrow heel is to buy shoes a size bigger, and add an insole or insert to make up for space, this could give you the fit that you are looking for.
Most athletic shoe brands, offer the option of a wide toe box and narrow heel, particularly the well known and more popular athletic brands, such as New Balance, and Saucony, which offers a variety of widths and a narrower fitting heel.
Choosing a medium width shoe can give you that extra bit of room in the toe area, without compromising the width of the heel for a decent fit.
All in all, there are plenty of shoe options on the market, yet you should never settle for a shoe just because it is appealing, find a shoe that fits you well and comfortably first and foremost.
Index Table:Best Narrow Heel and Wide Toe Box Women’s Shoes