Brands by David Childs September 14, 2019
Saucony® is a very popular an highly sought after Athletic brand that manufactures some of the best sports and athletic shoes, clothing, and gear.
Saucony® has a range of some of the best running shoes, that we will be having a closer look at in this article.
Short on time? Here’s a summary of the Best Shoes We Found:
Table of Contents
- Saucony® Company Overview
- What to look for in a Good Running Shoe
- Features of a Good Saucony® Running Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Saucony® Running Shoes
- Saucony Women's ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoe - Shock Absorbing Running Shoe
- Saucony Women's Ride 10 Running-Shoes - Best Underpronation Running Shoes
- Saucony Women's Triumph Iso 3 Running Sneaker - Running Shoes
- Saucony Women's Omni 16 Running Shoe, Grey Blue, 8.5 Medium US - Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
- Saucony Women's Redeemer ISO Running Shoe, Black/Purple, 10 W US - Over Pronator Running Shoes
- Index Table: Top Rated Saucony® Running Shoes
Saucony® Company Overview
The first factory of Saucony as a company was founded in 1998 in Pennsylvania, on the banks of the Saucony Creek, hence the name. A Russian Immigrant A.R Hyde that started a shoe company in Massachusets called Hyde Athletic Industries, bought Saucony in the late 1960s before the company was founded, in 1979 one of Saucony’s running shoes was nominated as the top ten running shoes in Runner’s World magazine. Saucony thus became Hyde’s number one brand and thus the company officially changed its name from Hyde Atheltic Industries to Saucony.
The Saucony brand logo represents the Saucony Creeks constant flow, and the boulders lining its creek bed.
In 2005 Saucony was taken over by Stride Rite who also purchased Robeez, and in 2012 Saucony, Keds, Stride Rite, and Sperry all became part of the very popular Wolverine World Wide brand, after a joint agreement with Blum Capital Partners and Golden Gate Capital.
Saucony various is a range of shoe options such as running, trail running, walking and a college collection, among many other products.
What to look for in a Good Running Shoe
Saucony running shoes have some of the best technologies in a running shoe that you will find, however in general here are the top characteristics to look for in any good running shoe;
- Toe Room and Length – Your toes usually swell up when you run or when your feet become hot, so half an inch extra in length and a bit more width in the toe area is always advisable.
Flexing – Your shoes should bend at the exact area as your feet when you press your toe into the floor, to ensure a natural stride.
Firmness – Soft Pillowy cushioning is very comfortable but not ideal if you need more spring-back on the road or have an injury, then a firmer type of cushioning is more desirable.
Heel Clutch – You need your heel to stay securely in place when you run, so look for a snug heel fit or heel clutching technology.
Arch Support – The arch support needs to shape to the natural contours of your feet and be the right support type for your specific arch type, low, neutral or high.
Uppers – Flexible, breathable and seam free uppers are ideal to keep your feet well ventilated and to prevent irritation.
Features of a Good Saucony® Running Shoe
- Durable high traction rubber outsole.
- Synthetic leather and/or mesh uppers.
- Moisture Wicking Interior Lining.
- Cushioned Insole.
- Shock absorbing midsole.
- Stability and motion control features.
- Heel Lock.
- Strobel Board.
- Forefoot and rearfoot Padding.
Reviews: The Best Saucony® Running Shoes
here are our top picks in the best rated Saucony Running Shoes;
Saucony Women's ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoe - Shock Absorbing Running Shoe
A comfortable and shock absorbing running shoe from Saucony that offers forefoot and rearfoot cushioning and a high grip outsole.
- A superb running shoe for individuals with heel pain, plantar fasciitis or a low arch.
- Offers excellent shock absorbency and cushioning in the heel and forefoot, with ad additional Strobel board.
- A pro grid technology heel that absorbs shock and returns energy to your feet.
- XXTM durable rubber outsole for better grip and traction.
- Durable and comfortable synthetic upper design.
Best Choice NO. 1
Saucony Women's Ride 10 Running-Shoes - Best Underpronation Running Shoes
Ideal for supination and a higher or neutral arch, the Saucony Ride 10 has deeper side grooves and better cushioning.
- Durable and lightweight mesh and synthetic uppers design for a comfortable fit.
- The reflective overlays allow better visibility at night.
- A cushioned and comfortable insole and moisture wicking interior linings.
- HydraMax lining, And excellent shock absorbency.
- Ideal for supination and a higher arch type.
Runner Up NO. 2
Saucony Women's Triumph Iso 3 Running Sneaker - Running Shoes
The Saucony PorGrid ISO with EVERUN technology is one of its top rated running shoes for all arch types and all runners.
- The lightweight uppers are constructed from breathable mesh with adaptable synthetic leather overlays.
- An EVERUN insole, for maximum and comfortable cushioning and support.
- Very lightweight and shock absorbing SSL EVA midsole and an additional EVERUN landing zone.
- The soft interior ISOFT sleeve give a sock-like a feel and cooling comfort.
- Rubber outsole for better traction and support.
Saucony Women's Omni 16 Running Shoe, Grey Blue, 8.5 Medium US - Best Running Shoes for Overpronation
The Omni 16 from Saucony is a perfect choice for a lower to flat arch and individuals that tend to Overpronate, with stability and motion control features.
- Comfortable synthetic and mesh uppers design with a snug fit.
- EVA midsole from dual density EVA for better shock absorbency.
- A unique XT-900 compound design outsole, that is very durable.
- Arch lock design, for preventing overpronation and for stability.
- Comfortable cushioned insole and moisture wicking interior linings.
Saucony Women's Redeemer ISO Running Shoe, Black/Purple, 10 W US - Over Pronator Running Shoes
A high stability road running shoe from Saucony that is ideal for controlling excessive pronation, and accommodates orthotic devices.
- A Powergrid Cushioning system and enhanced impact protection.
- The TPU Pillars offer better stability and support, and better medial structure without the bulk.
- A wider and more depth design and platform to accommodate orthotic devices easily.
- Durable high traction rubber outsole and comfortable synthetic upper design.
Index Table: Top Rated Saucony® Running Shoes