HIIT, which basically means High-Intensity Interval Training, is one of the latest fitness trends in workout routines today. If you are looking for a fast way to get fit, and to burn those nasty calories, then HIIT is your answer.
How Does a HIIT Workout Work
HIIT is a cardio workout where you do short bouts of high-intensity workout routines, that allows you to push yourself to the limit for short periods.
These intense bursts of energy, in turn, rev up your metabolism, while your body then slowly normalizes itself over the next few hours. So generally speaking, while your body is returning to normal functioning you are still burning calories for a few hours while doing nothing at all.
HIIT is not a difficult workout, but rather intensive and hard work, it will most definitely push your limits, and similarly your pain threshold. You can likewise look forward to some aching muscles the next day, that is if you have done the exercise correctly and effectively.
in this video you will see an example of a HIIT fitness routine
Benefits of a HIIT Workout
As I have said before the main benefits of a HIIT workout are to burn calories and for fitness, as well as core strength.
- Time Saving – It is an easy and fast routine work out, which is particularly beneficial to individuals who do not have much time on their hands for a long strenuous workout.
Strength – You will generally become stronger, fitter, as well as healthier, as a result of HIIT fitness Training.
No Equipment – In addition, you likewise do not need much, or any gym equipment for that matter, most HIIT routines require no equipment at all and uses your own body weight as a training tool.
Slimming – Although you should not count on HIIT to lose weight, you will burn calories and lose inches, but rather stay away from the scale, as it may be deceiving. Keeping in mind that fat burns and muscles are strengthened, muscle weighing more than fat.
How To Prevent Injuries with an HIIT Workout
Here are some of the main factors to consider in practicing safe HIIT workouts
- Warm up thoroughly before commencing to your workout, in order to prevent injuries.
- Make sure that your workout program or coach is legit, and knows what they are doing. Not following a good program with adequate rest periods will end up in injuries.
- Concentrate on your form and technique first which is most important for the workout to be effective and to avoid further injury.
- Make sure to give enough time for rest in between intervals, and recovery after your workout.
- Make sure that you get the right nutrition and adequate sleep for your body to recover and restore itself, as it is with any other form of sport or exercise.
Features of a Good Workout Shoe for HIIT
HIIT is a workout that needs features of a cross-training shoe, so here is what to look for.
- Traction – Good Traction in the outsole for hard and slippery indoor surfaces.
- Cushioning – Adequate, but not too much responsive cushioning for good energy return.
- Uppers – Breathable and flexible, lightweight uppers to keep your feet cool and allow for fast and easy movement.
- Stability – Good stability features to prevent injuries.
- Shock Absorbency – Outstanding shock absorbency!!
Reviews: Best HIIT Workout Shoes
The Reebok Flexion is a cross-training shoe that fuses gym, athletics and other training methods, ideal for HIIT fitness training.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh and synthetic uppers.
- Designed to enhance performance.
- Durable and thick shock absorbing rubber outsole.
- Soft cushioned insoles and smooth moisture-wicking linings.
- Available in a few color options.
- Man Made
- Synthetic sole
- Shaft measures approximately low-top” from arch
- designed for performance
- comfortable sole
1 HIIT Workout Cross Trainers
The Nike Metcon 4 is designed for demanding to cross-train, and will, therefore, offer you the same for HIIT training.
- Breathable and flexible mesh uppers with a 3D print and Flywire cables integrate with the laces.
- The drop in midsole guarantees a stable heel and a more flexible midfoot.
- The firm rubber in the heel ensures durability and stability for high-intensity training.
- A versatile Crossfit and High-Intensity Training shoe.
2 Breathable Cross Trainer for HIIT
Lightweight, fashionable and fierce, that is what the Puma Prowl ALT and Axelion is in a nutshell. This innovative and revolutionary design will give you full performance and support.
- Stylish and comfortable uppers in textile, that is lightweight and breathable.
- A durable high traction rubber outsole.
- Comfortable and supportive footbed with a low top arch.
- Available in a variety of color designs for every taste.
- Ideal for running and training performance.
3 Lightweight Training Shoe for HIIT Routines
Perfect for HIIT, the versatile Crossfit Nano 4.0 from Reebok is designed specifically for high-intensity interval routines and Crossfit training.
- Mesh-based uppers with DuraCage and RopePro uppers to enhance rope climbing and provide support.
- Excellent for jumping and pulling lifts, good shock absorbency and adequate cushioning.
- Minimum drop and better support and stability for weight training and fitness training.
- Good traction in the rubber outsole.
4 Crossfit Trainer for HIIT Workouts
For a more natural workout, the New Balance 20v6 gives you a more grounded feel during your workout, for better strength training.
- Comfortable and flexible textile and synthetic uppers, that offers a lightweight yet snug fit.
- No-Sew material application to prevent chafing.
- The Revlite midsole offers responsive and lightweight cushioning.
- A burrito tongue and asymmetrical heel with molded foam for a natural heel fit.
- Good Meta support and a high traction outsole, for better movement and stability.
5 HIIT Crossfit Shoe
Yet another exceptional Crossfit training shoe that fits the bill as a HIIT training shoe.
This shoe is highly breathable and versatile enough to use for multiple workout routines.
- Breathable and lightweight uppers with a flexible fit, for easy movement.
- A rubber sole with a multi-directional tread pattern for better traction on slippery floor surfaces.
- The footbed is cushioned with soft ENZO just enough for HIIT training.
- Back heel and RopePro technology for push-ups and rope climbing.
- Excellent control and stability capabilities.
6 High Interval and Crossfit Trainer
Superb Training shoes from New Balance that are ideal for HIIT Training and Cross Fit Training routines.
- Synthetic and textile lightweight uppers.
- A durable and slip resistant VibramOutsole.
- Molded External Counter.
- Offers rapid rebound and energy return.
7 HIIT Training Shoes
Cross Training shoes from Inov-8 that are superbly flexible and offer excellent grip for HIIT training.
- Sticky Grip durable rubber outsole.
- Next Generation Meta-Flex technology for multi-directional flexibility.
- An External Heel cage for stability and control.
- Soft and lightweight uppers.
8 Wide Width HIIT Shoes
Under Armour offers you one of their best HIIT training shoe models with all the features that you may require.
- Durable textile uppers with the Threadborne embroidered design that is breathable and provides structural support.
- Webbing loops for an enhanced fit.
- Lateral rubber forefoot wrap for traction and stability.
- A comfortable cushioned midsole.
9 Breathable HIIT Shoes
Let’s face it, a HIIT training regimen is hard work, and this should be something that you really want to do. Though the health benefits are exceptional, commitment is a large requirement in this form of training.
In general, the right pair of shoes for HIIT is a necessity, and I have found that some cross-training models have ideal features for this type of training.
Summary Table: Top-Rated HIIT Shoes
|1||Reebok - HIIT Workout Cross Trainers||
|2||Nike - Breathable Cross Trainer for HIIT||
|3||Puma - Lightweight Training Shoe for HIIT Routines||
|4||Reebok - Crossfit Trainer for HIIT Workouts||
|5||New Balance - HIIT Crossfit Shoe||
|6||Reebok - High Interval and Crossfit Trainer||
|7||New Balance - HIIT Training Shoes||
|8||Inov-8 - Wide Width HIIT Shoes||
|9||Under Armour - Breathable HIIT Shoes||