We have all wondered about the actual necessity of wearing Bowling Shoes when bowling. Usually, these shoes are rented at the bowling alley, and most of us feel we could just as well bowl in our own sneakers.
Well, regardless of your skill levels Bowling Shoes are a necessity, and you would rather use your own, then why not invest in a pair.
Table of Contents
- Bowling Shoes
- Choosing The Right Bowling Shoes
- Features of a Good Bowling Shoe
- Reviews: The Best Shoes for Bowling
- Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Bowling
To know why you need a pair of Bowling shoes, let me first explain how they are constructed;
Bowling shoes are constructed carefully with the main purpose of allowing better gliding motion, the huge and most important difference between bowling shoes and sneakers is, of course, the SOLE, a bowling shoe has a sole that allows you to slide and glide easily on the smooth Bowling arena floors. The sliding shoes are designed specifically in a way on each shoe for either a right hand or left handed bowler. The Soles are soft and have a slight heel, the soles are also usually made of Microfiber.
You will notice that you should never wear your bowling shoes outside or on any other floor surface other than the Bowling alley floors, as you will ruin the shoe.
For the most part, Bowling shoes are disliked because of their unsightly and unfashionable appearance, however in this article I will show you some highly fashionable and stunning bowling shoe designs that will “bowl” you away.
So if you are planning to become an intermediate or professional bowler I would highly recommend that you invest in a good pair of bowling shoes, and keep on reading!
Choosing The Right Bowling Shoes
With Bowling whether you are starting out or advanced the first thing that you will notice which is very important to advance your technique is FOOTWORK. And we all know, without the proper footwear footwork will be null and void.
The right Bowling Shoe will improve your accuracy and technique almost instantly, and you will see a huge difference compared to wearing the rentals at the Bowling alley.
For beginners, the first thing to know about Bowling Shoes is to get the right size!!!
After that here are a few different Bowling shoe options and tips;
- The House Rental Bowling Shoe – This is the Bowling shoe that you rent from the Bowling alley, usually a basic all purpose beginner shoe that is worn out, having been worn by many a beginner or intermediate bowler. Well the good news is you can actually buy these, they are your most basic and affordable bowling shoe style, although I would not recommend them as they lack traction and support.
Athletic Bowling Shoes – Styled like an athletic shoe with a sole for sliding on the Bowling Floors. This shoe provides much better traction and support and has more comfortable padding, with a lace up design. Ideal for intermediate and beginner Bowlers.
Comfort and Performance Bowling shoes – These are designed for the avid Bowler that tends to bowl at the same lane more than once a week. They offer adjustable slide length and good traction for your power step along with comfort and support features.
Performance Bowling Shoes -Aimed at the advanced and professional or Expert Bowler, this shoe has a fully customizable design for all lane conditions, bowler performance, and slide lengths. The heels and soles are interchangeable and come with a brake shoe and slide shoe design in each shoe. They will likewise have a broader base and much firmer fit around your ankles and provide better stopping support. Advanced to expert bowlers want a Performance
Features of a Good Bowling Shoe
- Lightweight with leather, mesh or synthetic uppers.
- For advanced bowler includes one brake shoe and one sliding shoe.
- EVA or foam midsole or footbed for comfort.
- Microfiber, universal or Common sliding sole.
- Plush sock liner or interior comfort lining.
- Different color and pattern options.
- A raised heel.
- Snug and comfortable fit.
Reviews: The Best Shoes for Bowling
Here are some of our top picks when it comes to Bowling Shoes for men and women;
This are fun and funky colored Bowling shoes from Brunswick for ladies and gents, with flexible leather uppers and a lightweight rubber outsole.
- Extra light molded EVA outsole with an elevated rubber heel.
- Superior sliding and microfiber slide soles on both shoes.
- Foam padded lining and tongue for comfort.
- Breathable mesh uppers with synthetic leather overlays.
- A fun and funky neon green and black color option for the men and a Black and Pink for the ladies
1 Bowling Shoe
The KR Strikeforce is one of your most comfortable bowling shoes featuring the new Komfort-Fit system.
- A universal slide sole from microfiber.
- Komfor-Fit uppers construction, Lined with textile materials.
- A padded tongue and collar for comfort.
- K2 Kool Mesh for breathability and support.
- Available in a bright blue and black men’s color and bright purple and black women’s color option.
2 Durable Bowling Shoe
The dexter Kam and Suzana are both lightweight and breathable slip on bowling shoes with universal soles and ideal for left handed Bowlers.
- Comfortable and breathable canvas uppers with a modern design.
- Ideal for LEFT HANDED Bowlers.
- Lightweight and comfortable with a <strong. Blown EVA footbed.
- Slip on design with dual gore at the entry.
3 Breathable Bowling Shoes
BSI is another well known and trusted brand in the Bowling shoe industry that you can rely on. I have chosen Their lightweight Leather bowling shoes with comfortable padded tongue and collar.
- Action leather uppers in a black and purple option for the ladies and black and gold for gents.
- A common design microfiber sole for easy sliding.
- Lightweight and durable rubber outsole.
- The insole and linings are plush and comfortable.
- The tongue and collar are padded for comfort and a secure fit.
4 Classic Bowling Shoe
The Brunswick Versa is a no lace system Bowling shoe with breathable mesh uppers and a lightweight rubber outsole. The Versa is available in a blue and grey color option while the Swingshot comes in a white and royal blue color design.
- Breathable and lightweight mesh uppers.
- There is a no lace fastening system.
- Lightweight rubber outsole for better traction.
- Superior slide design.
- An extra light molded EVA mdisole for comfort.
5 No Lace Bowling Shoe
Index Table: Top Rated Shoes for Bowling
|1||Brunswick - Bowling Shoe||
|2||KR Strikeforce - Durable Bowling Shoe||
|3||Dexter - Breathable Bowling Shoes||
|4||BSI - Classic Bowling Shoe||
|5||Brunswick - No Lace Bowling Shoe||