Knit sneakers and athletic shoes are the latest trends taking the market by storm.
Athletes love them because they give comfort and support as well as protection while feeling more like a glove of the sock around your feet than and actual shoe.
Table of Contents
- Why Knit Shoes
- Knitted Footwear Technology in Different Footwear Brands
- Features of a Good Knit Sneaker
- Reviews: The Best Knit Sneaker Brands and Models
- Nike Womens Free Rn Flyknit 2018 Low Top Lace Up Running, Orange, Size 5.5 - Knit Running Shoes
- adidas Women's Pureboost DPR Running Shoes, Black/Black/Grey, 7.5 M US - Knit Sneakers
- PUMA New Safety Women's Celerity Knit Work Shoe Pink 7 - Knit Work Shoe
- Reebok Women's Print Prime Runner Sneaker, White/Steel, 8.5 M US - Knit Runners Sneakers
- Nike Women's Wmns Air Max Sequent 3 Low-Top Sneakers, Black (Black/White/Dark Grey 001), 7 UK - Knit Running Shoe
- PUMA Women's NRGY Neko Sneaker, Peach Bud White, 5.5 M US - Knit Sneakers
- Index Table: Top Rated Knit Sneakers
Why Knit Shoes
The techniques and materials used to manufacture knit shoes are radically simpler and less labor-intensive, then also the waste and effects on the environment are significantly reduced. Knit uppers are naturally more flexible, comfortable, breathable and lightweight, and the knit shoe industry is evolving into so many new technologies and techniques on a daily basis.
Here are a few of the most favored benefits of a Knit shoe;
- Breathability and elasticity are greatly improved with the knit fibers.
- The knit shoe is much more lightweight and offers a more glove-like and natural, minimalistic fit.
- Shoe knitting machines can support up to six or more colors in a single shoe.
- There is a variety of fiber choices in knit shoes each with their own unique features.
- You can find the knit construction in a large variety of shoe type, and not only in athletic shoes today.
- Clear TPU sheld are being designed today to protect the knit uppers from snagging.
- There are so many different patterns and decorative knit designs you can choose from.
- New technology is now even used to knit pads into the shoes for more comfort.
Knitted Footwear Technology in Different Footwear Brands
- Nike – Nike is the initial developer of Knitted shoes with their Flyknit model in the Racer and trainer athletic shoes. Their aim at designing a shoe that is extremely lightweight, so as to be almost unnoticeable.
Adidas – Adidas, however, developed a similar type of minimalistic knit footwear known as the Primeknit with single-layered construction, also aiming at being more lightweight.
Puma – Puma has been enjoying major brand overhauls the last couple of years by aligning itself with celebrities and trendy artists, as such staying in stride with the knit technologies as well. The EvoKnit is Puma’s own knit technology model that is very lightweight with super durable characteristics. Their secret being that the knit is tighter in high abrasion areas and looser in areas requiring ventilation, this concept is much similar to the Primeknit from Adidas.
Reebok – reebok is well known for its more classic silhouettes and suede or leather materials, though they are now also jumping on the knitted trend with their Flexweave design. The Flexweave method is used to improve the stability and durability of the shoes as well as providing better support.
With the footwear industries making sustainability and waste minimization more of a priority the use of fibers and knitting in footwear will become much more popular and widely available.
Features of a Good Knit Sneaker
- Premium knit uppers with a dynamic lightweight and flexible glove-like fit.
- A padded tongue and collar for comfort.
- Foam, EVA or cushioned insole.
- Durable and high traction TPR or rubber outsole.
- Flywire cables for a secure fit.
- Seamless upper design for less irritation.
- A dual-density Midsole with 3 D foam.
- U-Shaped Max Air unit for cushioning.
- Bootie or low cut design.
Reviews: The Best Knit Sneaker Brands and Models
Below are some of your best options when it come to knit sneakers and athletic footwear;
The Nike Free RN Flyknit is one of their most popular Knit athletic shoes that offers cushioning and neutral support.
- A dynamic fit with structural supportive Flywire cables and breathable and lightweight knit uppers.
- A rounded heel that mimics your foot’s natural movement.
- A removable comfort foam insole.
- Lightly padded tongue and stretchable collar.
- There is a Tri-Star Outsole, for better flexibility.
- A few color options are available to choose from.
The Adidas Pureboost DPR is one of their latest and best models in knit athletic shoes that are ideal for walking, running or even just everyday casual wear. They too come in a few fashionable color and pattern options.
- Knit textile uppers that are lightweight, flexible and breathable.
- Offers a regular comfortable fit with an enhanced feel and support.
- Cushioned with responsive and energy-returning cushioning technology.
- A low top design available in many color varieties.
- A durable and supportive rubber outsole that will absorb shock an impact.
The Puma celerity Knit Work Shoe features some powerhouse safety characteristics that are ASTM rated and offers the comfort and lightweight of a Knit shoe.
- An incredibly comfortable, flexible and lightweight fit with the knit uppers.
- The SafetyKnit is made from ultra-flexible and durable textile fabric which adapts to your feet offering a sock-like fit.
- There is a BreathActive breathable lining to keep your feet dry.
- A comfortable ever cushion footbed for lightweight cushioning and a waffle structure to keep your feet cool.
- An Ultralight EVA midsole for shock absorbency and an IQ Cell interacted cushion in the heel.
- Ensures safety motion control with the Torsional Control system.
- Features a Steel toe cap, heat resistance and compression protection safty features that are all ASTM rated and accepted.
From Reebok, we have their popular and sought after Print Prime running shoe and sneaker.
- Available in either a black or white neutral color option.
- 100% durable and lightweight knit textile and synthetic uppers/.
- A durable and high traction rubber outsole.
- Low cut design that allows more motion freedom and quicker transitioning.
- An UltraKnit seamless upper design, for an irritation-free sleek fit.
- Inside is 3Ddual-density foam compounds in the midsole.
Nike Women's Wmns Air Max Sequent 3 Low-Top Sneakers, Black (Black/White/Dark Grey 001), 7 UK - Knit Running Shoe
Yet another superb addition from Nike in the Knit shoe category is the Air Max Sequent 3 with their popular air cushioning feature.
- Knit fabric and synthetic uppers that are lightweight, breathable and flexible.
- A durable rubber outsole.
- The uppers adapt to your feet and stretch and expand as you move.
- Flywire cable for structural stability.
- A partial bootie design offers a more snug fit.
- A <strong.Phylon injected midsole and U-Max Air init in the heel, ensures responsive and shock-absorbing cushioning.
The NRGY Neko from Puma combines superb performance and style in one athletic Knit sneaker.
- Features a PU soft foam insole for plush comfort and support.
- Seamless knit uppers that are flexible and lightweight.
- Highly breathable with an adaptable fit for comfort.
- Fashionable style and color options.
- Features a durable and high traction rubber outsole.
Index Table: Top Rated Knit Sneakers